Chapter 15

I quickly take a shower. We have finished eating, and have been watching tv for about 20 minutes. Then the doorbell goes off. Zane groans as he untangles himself from me. I stay on the couch patiently waiting for Zane to return. I hear muffles talking trying to figure out who's at the door. I realize that it is Zane and I pretty much run to the door.

Zane looks really uncomfortable standing in the doorway as it looks like Gene is rambling on about something. I walk beside Gene and wrap my arm around Zane feeling protective. He freezes and looks from my arm to me then Zane. 

"Are you two a thing?" Gene asks. I open my mouth to respond but Zsne beats me to it.

"Yes, yes we are." I smile at him as he looks up at me with a smile at the same time.

"You could do a lot better Zane. Like me for instance." Gene says with a small smirk. I open my mouth, but Zane again beats me to it.

"Actually Gene, Travis is the only person in this world that I love and I would never leave his for someone like you," Zane says shutting the door. Gene sticks his foot in to stop the door from closing. 

"Look at him Zane, he is an ugly Casanova who only wants to use you and then leave," Gene says looking proud about what he said. I step to him swinging my arm back about to punch him. Zane steps in front of me.

"Bear don't," He says looking pleadingly into my eyes. I lower my fist.

"Yeah cause last time you tried that it didn't work to well for you did it Travis, your so weak you can't even protect yourself let alone Zane." Zane swiftly turns around punching him in the nose a loud crack coming from his face. He stumbles back holding his nose. 

"Don't you ever say that again, I feel safe and protected near Travis, I can count on him to cheer me up even when I'm in the darkest of places. You will never understand how amazing he is Gene, so why don't you leave us the fuck alone." Zane says sending death glare. Genes eyes widen as he quickly runs away still holding his nose.

Zane breathes out sharply.

"You okay?" I ask concerned on how red his face is.

"Yeah I'm fine, just got a little upset on what he said." Zane smiles up at me. I kiss his forehead. Zane looks at his hand that he punched Gene with.

"does it hurt?" I question gently taking his hand in mine examining it.

"A little but its fine, I'll just put some ice on it or something." 

Zane sits on the couch as I go to the kitchen to get him an ice pack. I give it to him and sit next to him. We tangle together into a comfy position and Zane places the ice pack gently on his hand.

"Did you really mean what you said?" I ask hoping that he did. He shifts so he is facing me. 

"Of course I did Bear. You mean the world to me, I wouldn't trade you anything in the world." Zane says with his eyes filled with love, mine probably the same. 

"Thanks, Zaney, I... I" I stutter. Am I really about to say I love you to Zane? Is this too fast. But its how I feel, I should tell him how I feel... Right?

"Zane I lo-" I get interrupted by the door again. Zane puffs out as he stomps over to the door swinging it open.