'Strange Bird Lady'

Amaris pov

Jake and I agreed that at our next session, we would show Dr. Golan. We had tried asking our parents, but they continued to dance around our problems and pat us on the head like we were small children. "Well, fine, how about we show the doctor and see what she thinks?" I suggested to them. To be fair, we were all tired, the party had just finished and although Jake and I weren't really present, I could tell it was fun. My mother simply sighed and mumbled a whatever under her breathe, while Jake's parents looked at each other. "I guess there's no harm in that." Jake and I sent them small smiles. I said good bye to them and left with my mother that night, thinking about the possibility of hundred year old children.

Our next session, my mom and Jake's parents were present to hear Dr.Golan's opinion. "Well, only two years ago. I suppose it's possible for her to still be alive." She said as she finished reading the letter. "Right, and Amaris and I could meet her." Jake was determined, while our parents were wary of the idea. "Yeah, maybe even find out what Abe wanted us to know." I chimed in, trying to convince them. "But what if she's dead?" Jake's dad looked at Jake and I pointedly and I glared softly. "Dr. Golan, the Portmans and I are very concerned about Jake and Amaris' state of mind-" I cut my mother off by quickly standing, "Stop talking about us as if we aren't here, or aren't sane!" I was on the verge of yelling, but a hand pulled me back to my seated position. I sat in a huff as Jake placed an arm around my shoulders, comforting me. "Besides, there is no way we are putting our lives on hold to take you two to Wales." Jake's mom added to my fury. "Dad could take us." Jake said, and before anyone else could say anything, I chimed in, "He could even look at birds, ya know, for his book." I sat forward now as the silence of thought grew thicker. "It means you get a break," Jake pointed at his mom, who was deep in thought, "And as Dr. Golan said maybe we could move on." Jake finished as he licked his lips with anticipation. "Like closure." I added quietly. Dr. Golan agreed with us and explained in this long dribble that it would be good for us to go. Thankfully it worked.

"So are you ready to meet this strange, bird lady?" I asked Jake over the phone. I was currently packing my bag for our trip to Wales, but my little brother kept pulling stuff out. "Well actually-" "Stop it you little twerp!" I interrupted Jake, leaving him confused. "Sorry, Daniel is being a pain in the- OW!" I dropped my phone as my portable charger hit my hand. I turn to my brother and run after him, "Get out! Get out now!" I finally chased him out and shut the door. I sigh in relief and grab my phone, "Hey, sorry." I hear Jake laugh and I roll my eyes. "Anyway, as I was saying, No, I'm not ready because you still have my good duffle bag." My eyes widen as I remember what he was talking about. "Wait, why didn't you tell me earlier?" I exclaimed as I started to look for his bag. "Well, I kinda forgot cause I just started to pack." I stopped looking for a moment, "Hold up, We leave tomorrow and you just now started to pack? Pathetic." I hear him scoff and I giggle, "Well I found your bag, so once again, I've saved your ass." I grab his bag and throw it by my door. "When was the first time?" He asked, "When I became you friend." I said sweetly. "Whatever, I'm on my way over to get it, don't lose it again in the mean time." I roll my eyes and hang up. I finish stuffing clothes into my bag and took it downstairs. I went back upstairs and by the time I got up there, the door bell rang. I groan as I ran down the stairs. I get to the door just before my brother. "Screw off, twerp." I tell him as I open the door. Jake is there on his phone, "Hey Jake, your bags in my room." I tell him as I invite him in. We walk up the stairs joking and goofing off. I walk into my room and grab his bag thrusting it in his face. "Here ya go!" He grabs it and glares at me, "Gee, thanks. Now I'll be ready to see the 'strange bird lady'."