Chapter 5: Shopping

We got to the mall and surprisingly there wasn't many people around. The boys put sunglasses on while Michael put a hood on over his hot pink hair. Ashton unbuckled me and helped me out of the car. Luke insisted on carrying me, and I didn't mind. 

"Okay birthday girl, we are getting you anything you want, but remember we mostly just are here for clothes because you don't have a lot." Ashton said and I nodded. 

I watched the boys expressions and they seemed like they didn't know where to start, clearly they haven't shopped for kids or girls before. I haven't gone shopping either, so I was taking in my surroundings. We walked by a store with a lot of girls in it, they were kind of crowding around and putting colored stuff on their faces. 

"Daddy what are they doing?" I asked Luke while pointing at the store. He looked over and looked back at me. 

"They're just putting makeup on."

"What's makeup?"

"It's something big girls put on their faces to look beautiful. You don't need makeup though because you're the most beautiful girl there is out there." I blushed.

We continued walking and went down a moving thing to get to the lower floor. I felt scared and wrapped my small arms around Luke's head and hid my face.

"You scared?"

"Yeah."

"It's okay, it's an escalator."

We got to the first floor and Ashton lead us all to a store that had girls my age all around in it. Their clothes seemed really cute there. Luke put me down and Michael held my tiny hand in his. I feel like Michael is a little distant and shy, so maybe this will grow us closer.

Michael looked down and smiled at me as we walked around the racks of clothes, some things were cute. I went straight for the bright colored clothes, I found a shirt that was blue with lime green lace over it. I found some denim shorts and a few graphic tees, secretly grabbing a One Direction one in the mix. I then heard a familiar song and ran towards my dads. 

"Dads isn't this your song?" I asked getting excited.

"Yes it is! AND-" Michael shouted. I cringed.

I looked to what they were looking at and it showed their music video for the song "She Looks So Perfect"

"Why are they playing this video? This is not kid appropriate." Luke laughed while taking my hand and walking towards more clothes.

"Wait aren't you a fan of our music?" Luke asked and I nodded.

"Haven't you seen our videos before?" I shook my head.

"I didn't have a t.v. or a phone in the orphanage. I just knew your songs because they had your CD's and I would play it on my stereo." I explained.

"Okay, did you pick out all that you want from this store?" I nodded.

"You don't need any of these?" He asked, his face was bright red as he gestured towards the bras and underwear.

I giggled and shook my head.

We walked up and Luke paid for my clothes and we walked out and went to some more stores for the boys to go into. I gave them advice on what looked good and what didn't. Sometimes I would have them strut as if they are in a fashion show, that had to stop after Calum fell and almost knocked an empty rack down. 

The guys ended up getting their clothes and paying before we went to our favorite store in the mall; Hot Topic. Even though I am 9 and a pretty small one at that, I do manage to fit in some clothes from Hot Topic, though sometimes I go towards the toys and accessories. 

Luke picked out a few muscle tees, Calum and Michael wandered carelessly around the store, while also playing around with random masks and things they found. Ashton decided to stay by me while I looked at the Disney section before going towards the band tees. I instantly found a tee shirt that had my four dads on it and pointed to it. Ashton smiled and found the shirt in the smallest size they had. 

I grabbed it from his hands and I smiled. While Luke still was in the changing rooms, Ashton took my hand and wandered around the store, he found a crown from a Belle costume from Beauty and the Beast and he put it on my head.

"Now you're Princess Alissa!" He giggled while throwing me in the air.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. This must be what it feels like to be loved.

This must be what it feels like to have fun with family.