Chapter 4: Ashton

After staring at the photo for about ten minutes, I felt I had enough of looking at Cameryn, probably in the happiest state I had seen her in. I wish I had more time with her, but I feel like I have the best relationship with her because of how much she cared about me to put money and pictures in a card for my birthday each year. 

I heard a knock on my door and coincidentally I was just about to put the photo on my small board along with other photos of Cameryn. It was small, and I don't think the boys had noticed it yet. Before I can approve the person knocking can come in, Ashton's body appeared in the door frame. He had a shocked expression on his face, before inviting himself in and closing the door behind him. 

"Who's that, pumpkin?" He asked me quietly. I sighed, I didn't feel ready to talk to him about it.

I looked at him, sitting on my bed just staring at my board. I know I can't escape this now. 

"Dad, don't tell anyone else okay? I'm not fully ready to talk." He nodded.

"This is Cameryn, my older sister. She wanted to make me her daughter almost, wanted to take me in after my parents attacked me, and started to be mean. However, the court told her no because she was only seventeen at the time, and she didn't have a job and still was a student. She went to heaven a year after I was put in the orphanage. But before she did, she wrote me letters that'll last me until my 19th birthday, each have contained a photo of her, and she put some money in. She tells me to save it, so that's what I do."

I looked down at the ground, until I felt Ashton's arms wrap around my tummy and he sat me in his lap. I still didn't let go of the photo of Cameryn and me. I put it face down on my legs. 

"You do know that you make your sister very happy every day right?"

"How do you know that daddy?"

"Because, she's in your heart. I know  she's watching you and I am sure she's smiling seeing how big you are and how you're an amazing girl. We haven't even known each other for a full day but I know you're a great kid." He smiled at me, making me smile.

He leaned me into his chest while he kissed the top of my head. I lifted the photo up and he looked down at it. 

"Is this baby you?" He asked, pointing at the photo. I nodded.

"You're still adorable." He giggled, which made me laugh.

I got off his lap and pinned the photo to the board.

"Well Alissa, you may not want to, but we were thinking about going out to the mall today to buy you some clothes and such, we go on tour in a week and would love to have you come with us."

I shrieked and shook my hands. I was so excited to go on tour. I was more excited to go shopping, I have to admit.

"I would love to go with you!" I jumped.

Daddy smiled and I ran through the house, running down the stairs to see Luke sitting on the couch on his phone. I sat on his lap and he chuckled.

"What are you doing silly?" He asked.

"I'm excited to go shopping and go on tour!"

"Well I'm excited to have you come with." He mimicked my actions.

I laughed, Luke is very silly. 

"We better get going." Luke announced to everyone. 

I cringed at the volume again, knowing it'll take time to get used to it.

Ashton and Michael came running down the stairs and Calum came from the kitchen. 

Ashton scooped me out and opened the door running to the car with everyone else following behind. Ashton buckled me in to my car seat while Luke got in next to me. Calum sat on the other side of Luke while Ashton and Michael sat in the front two seats.

Everyone was smiling and laughing, until Michael was still trying to catch his breath. 

"Really Mikey? You're that out of breath?" I asked while giggling.

"Ooh Mike you just got burned by a 9 year old!" Luke announced.

"Yes, I am Alissa. However if you're that high energy I will be in shape in no time." He muttered.

"I am only that hyper when I am excited." I said slightly kicking my legs. 

The drive to the mall wasn't very long and we all just talked about their upcoming tours and fans and such. I kept watching the outside, still in shock that I got adopted and by the best four guys there are in the world.