Chapter 13: Do What?

Calum's POV:

I watched as Mali and Alissa hugged, and how Alissa looked so happy to have another girl in her life, probably nice to have someone to relate to. Alissa started to look tired, and as I stood up to take her to my old room, Mali stopped me, telling her she'll do it so they can get to know each other better. I obliged and let the two have some girl time. 

I sat back down and my parents looked at me oddly.

"Why are you guys looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Because, how could you not tell us as soon as those results came back?"

"What do you mean? I thought you would be happy for me, that we adopted a kid, raised her well in the weeks we've had her, and that you guys would have another little one to be with!" I shouted.

"We aren't upset, we are just worried. She's little but not too little anymore. What are you guys gonna do when your tours start again? A child has no business living in a tour bus for half a year." My mom said.

"We would take her with. She's been trapped almost her whole life in a gray room, almost like a prison. We wanted to take this as an advantage to take her to other countries and maybe live a little. This is also only a two month tour." Michael explained.

"I don't know boys, as much as I could see how you four care for Alissa, I feel like it's still not a good idea. Did you boys ever think that the fans might get to her? What if they hurt her in the crazy mobs." My dad explained.

I sighed, feeling defeated. I didn't want Alissa staying here, what if she has nightmares and wants me or one of the boys? 

"What if Mali comes with us, she's a responsible adult, and she can watch Alissa while we were on stage. It's another set of eyes to watch over her."

The parents grunted, looking between each other before sighing.

"Fine, Mali can go and watch over Alissa." My mom said, plainly.

"You know, you would be smarter to just let both girls just stay here."

"Do what?" 

"You heard me, keep them both here so we can watch over them."

"Why do you suddenly want Alissa here now? I don't trust either of you right now, I feel like you'll both hurt her. I just got her back, I can't lose her, or make me hate me. I can't afford that." I said, tears forming.

Both my parents shut up, I ran up the stairs into Mali's room, I heard crying. Alissa must've heard us yelling.

I stood at the pillar outside of Mali's room, since the door was closed and was listening in on what was being said.

I heard Alissa telling Mali her story, about how she got to the orphanage, and how when people yell she gets upset since it reminds her of her past life. Then she went on to talk about how she thought I didn't want her and that was why we took her here to meet my parents.

Even though I already knew how she felt, it still hurt, and to hear her cry broke my heart. I knocked on the door gently.

"Who is it?" Mali called.

"It's Calum." I sighed, opening the door.

The scene broke my heart.