Chapter 10: So?

Alissa's POV

I heard a gentle knock on the door, I rolled over expecting Luke, but was surprised to see Michael appear in the door frame. I feel like he is the one most distant from me. I don't take it personally because I know he is the most shy out of all of the boys. 

"Hey baby girl, we have about a half hour to go to the doctor's, so I came to get you ready." He smiled at me.

I grinned at him, pushing the blankets off of me, resting Teddy gently on my pillow before pulling the blankets back up. I followed Michael to my closet where my clothes are. He grabbed a random shirt and random denim shorts, which I realized kind of matched one of Luke's outfits. It was a black tank top that said "Go All The aWay" on it and with regular blue denim shorts. I am definitely a daddy's girl.

I had Michael turn away while I changed into my new outfit and when Michael turned back around I was already dressed. He set me down, gently brushing my hair. He was much more gentle than Luke when he brushes my hair. Michael was very calm, lightly humming while doing so. When he finally was done, we had ten minutes left to get ready, as of what Michael told me. I grabbed my sandals, just slipping them on and I walked down the stairs. Luke didn't know I had this shirt, and it was coincidence that he was wearing the same one in his size.

He smiled at me as he kissed my head. I wrapped my arms around his legs and looked up to see the boys smiling at me, almost like I was some weird gold that they had never seen before. 

"So boys, we better get going now." Michael announced.  I grabbed Luke and Calum's hands as we walked out the door, with Ashton behind us.

Luke strapped me in the car seat and I sat in the back seat between Luke and Calum with Michael driving and Ashton in the second seat.

I fiddled with Calum's hands as he started to tickle my tummy. I laughed hysterically, forgetting my scar pain. 

Not too long later, we got to the place. It didn't seem that scary. Ashton guiding us in. Apparently his younger sister and brother go here, so he knew it was safe for me to go too. 

I sat down at one of the cushy chairs and watched fish swim around in a tank right next to me. Ashton stood at a table writing some stuff down before sitting next to me. I didn't really pay attention to what he was telling the boys because I didn't care what was being said. 

"Alissa Hemmings?" A lady called my name, she was wearing a pink outfit that had Minnie Mouse all over it.

I looked up to see Calum coming with me for some reason. Why isn't Luke coming with me? I shook it off and grabbed Calum's hand. We followed the lady to a small room with a few puppies painted on the walls. 

"Doctor will be in shortly." She smiled, leaving me and Calum alone.

I sat on the small bench that they had, with Calum next to me. He was looking nervous.

"Cal why do you look nervous?" I asked, rubbing his arm.

"Doctor is doing something for the both of us, and the result of it can be something big for the two of us." I didn't quite understand.

"Oh, well it'll be okay CalPal." I smiled hugging his arm.

"What'd you just call me?"

"CalPal"

"Huh, I like it. I might use that. The boys and I are planning to make a music video where we are superheroes, and I think that'll be my name." He smiled at me.

"I'm glad I am of help." 

Doctor came in and she smiled at the two of us. 

"Alissa Hemmings?" She looked at me and I nodded.

"I take this is your father?" She looked at Calum. Calum gave an awkward smile.

"One of my dads." I smiled.

"Oh, I see. So we are doing a DNA Test on the two of you. It shouldn't hurt. I just need to take one drop of blood from you each." She explained.

She wiped something on my finger, before stinging took over my body. I let out a yelp, nearly breaking Cal's hand. The doctor smiled as she placed a Mickey Mouse bandage on my finger. I instantly felt better. Doctor placed the small piece of plastic with my blood on it down on a tray, moving to Calum next.

"Cal it's okay." I said, squeezing his hand. 

Before he knew it, it was already done, and he got a Mickey band aid too. We both smiled and the doctor told us we could wait with Luke, Michael and Ashton in the lobby, so that's what we did. The boys gave me high fives with my other hand and same for Calum. We sat together in awkward silence. I still don't fully understand what is going on. 

I watched the fish some more, but soon that got boring. I watched as Michael and Ashton were on their phones while Luke was staring into space.

"Alissa Hemmings and Calum Hood?" I rose from my seat at the sound of my name. She came back to where we sat.

She gulped, kind of nervous, but I don't know why. I should be the one who's nervous. 

"The tests came back..."

"So?" Calum asked, a bit sharper than intended.

"You two are indeed brother and sister." She stated.

I opened my mouth as tears filled my eyes.