Ten.

"Hey, mother." I force myself to wrap my arm around her, giving her a gentle pat on the back when she side-hugged me.

Everything is much more awkward in person rather than text. Over text, my mom and I can 'talk' and I can ignore her when she gives me dates for wedding plans and what not.

Or, I could ignore her call whenever she decides to spontaneously talk to me about whatever the hell she deems important, i.e. her company, and mine.

Speaking of which, Josefina Industries is really coming along over in New York. I should probably visit the one in Georgia since we've been in New Orleans for meet ups with my mom. We are in the south...

I make a mental note to check up on that, even though I'll probably forget. Like I always do. "Where's Liam?"

"Back watching Liliana." I shrug before taking a seat on the waiting bench at a new restaurant in town. The wait line is pretty long, and we have about an hour before we can be seated.

     "Why is he watching her?" She cocks her head and I curse myself. Shit, she wasn't supposed to know I'm staying with Liam. I grunt. As soon as she opens her mouth to question me, my phone rings.

     "I've got to get this." I raise my index finger, and she mutters Spanish that I won't repeat, but I do gift her with a roll of my eyes. I'm tempted to trade my index finger for my middle for her to see.

"What do you want?" I grumble into the phone, but secretly thankful she interrupted my conversation with my mother. Well, postponed it.

"Did you tell Liam?"

"Okay, call me one more time to ask me that and I swear the next time I see you, I'll shove something so far down your throat—" My eyes snap up to a family group who are waiting patiently for their table, staring at me in shock.

My lips turn downward into an 'oops, my bad' kind of expression before I mutter an apology and push through the doors of the restaurant to continue my conversation outside.

"Did the host put you out yet with your less than polite words, Jasmine?" Kaitlyn's voice sounds smug, noticing that I got in some sort of 'trouble'.

"No, they didn't. Thank you very much." I roll my eyes before finding a bench along the brick walls of the building. "Now what do you want?" I take a seat.

"Well I'll have you know, I was flying back to New York for a photoshoot." She 'humphs' over the phone, and I can imagine her tooting her nose up right now.

"Why are they always in New York?"

There's always something going on in New York. The damn city needs to learn how to sleep. I sure as hell have learned it already.

"The hell if I know. But, I was called for three between Hollister, Nike, and Ralph Lauren. At first, I was like 'well shit, no brainer' Ralph Lauren equals more money. But then I realized your boo thang was taking that job so—"

I stopped listening to her little rant when she said my 'boo thang'. Who was she referring to—oh, hell.

"Liam? For the record, he's not my boo nor my 'thang'." I frown, cringing at the way she said it. It doesn't sound right coming from her.

"Right, Liam. Yeah, I didn't want to crash the party this weekend, having a feeling you were going to be at the studio anyway—"

"Wait. Liam? This weekend?" I cut her off.

I know what you're thinking. Okay, so Jasmine can cut off others, but if they cut her off, the threats will rise. Well let me tell you this, I run this show. Simple as that. I can do what I want...within reason. So don't go judging me for my unfair rules.