Eighteen.

Jasmine.

     "We'll be back." The voice I love makes me jump in my seat, cradling my coffee closer to my body. Lina's attention snaps to Liam and her cheeks redden.

     I roll my eyes.

     "And where exactly are y'all going?" I raise an eyebrow at his freezing form. Liliana has her arm thrown around his neck lazily, as she rests on his side and he's holding her up on his good arm.

"Can't a father sneak out with his daughter to go do fun shit?" Liliana gasps when he curses and he rolls his eyes. "Get used to it. If you got a dollar every time I cursed, you'd be rich before next year."

"Fair point." She shrugs. "Papa is taking me to the movies!" She kicks her little legs in excitement, and Liam grabs her foot to avoid getting kicked in the crotch.

I look at Lina, who then looks away from Liam to find my gaze, and then she raises her hands in surrender. "He's a really fine man," She mumbles under her breath.

Liam pays her no mind.

"Papa isn't taking you anywhere unless I know what time you'll get back, what he will feed you during, and the exact location of where you're—"

Liam groans dramatically, "Look, woman. I'm taking her to the movies, then the mall where she," he points to Liliana, "will help me get some sexy babes' numbers, and then I will proceed to spoil her just because I helped create her, and I'll buy her a bunch of shit.

"I don't know what time we'll be back by. You'll just have to trust me enough to know that I won't put her in harm's way because I love her as much as you do." He shrugs as if what he just said wasn't going to bring me to tears.

Before I could respond, he cut me off, probably to avoid causing me to start crying while talking. "Plus, you have to talk to virgin Lina over here, so we'll give you enough time to sort that out. Tell her, babydoll."

"We out." Lily puts up the peace sign and giggles as the both of them walk out. Well, as Liam walls out while carrying Liliana.

     When the door closes, I sigh turning to Lina. She sips her coffee, looking at me all innocent like. "Well, it's Lina day today." I sit criss-cross on the couch and she rolls her eyes.

"Catalina isn't all that interesting." She shrugs, but I wave her off.

"Nonsense. When I first saw you, I wanted to choke you, so now's the time for you to show your worth." She snorts hearing this, and sighs.

"Well, go ahead, interrogate me."

"What happened last ni—"

"Could we not talk about that?" She cuts me off, her eyes pleading for me to change topic and to change it fast.

"You told me to interrogate you—"

"Anything but that." She shakes her head, taking a big gulp of her coffee. "It's too early in the morning."

"It's nearly twelve in the afternoon."

"Exactly."

I roll my eyes. She's gotten fairly comfortable with me, showing me her true self, and honestly, I like her. She's young and she acts young. She wanted to go to Ulta just to get a free makeover.

"Well, tell me your story."

"My what?"

"Your story, everything. Your background up until how you landed your ass here, in my family."