Twenty.

Jasmine.

"Carter—"

"Yes, my sweet Josefina?" He looks up at me, a smile on his face as he toys with the straw in his iced coffee.

     "Give me some good news." I sip on my Coke, leaning my head on my hand as I sigh. Maybe I should've stayed home with Lily...

     He perks up at this, leaning on his hand, too, and grinning, showing his pretty, white, Albanian teeth. "Well, first. Everything regarding the fashion show is in order and completed, so after you do a quick run though for yourself, you can leave."

"Really?" I felt the smile creeping up on my face as the idea of leaving becomes a topic. He nods his head, and I sigh happily. "What's next?"

"Well," he clears his throat, "Carter Latfi has a date for the show tomorrow and tonight."

     "No fucking way!" I clap my hands together, scooting impossibly forward to my desk, my tummy pressing against the wood. "What does she look like?"

     He raises an eyebrow, not impressed.

     "What does he look like?" I correct myself. Or at least I thought I corrected myself. His lips form a thin line as he purses them, really not impressed.

     "Queer?" I question him, genuinely interested as a small smirk tugs at the corner of my lips. He rolls his eyes.

     "I'm offended."

     Now it's my turn to roll my eyes. "What does he-slash-she-slash-they look like then, Carter? Give me something to work with."

"You'll find out after I decide whether or not I'm pursuing them." He sips his drink, leaning back in his chair and placing his feet on my desk.

"You're so disrespectful."

"Fire me—oh right, you won't." He taunts, pissing me off more by wiggling them.

"Wouldn't you be pursuing them since you're going on a date tonight?"

He cackles, literally cackles, followed by a snort after I asked that, but quickly stops when he realizes I'm being serious. "Have you ever been on a date before?"

"Liam has taken me on—"

"Besides that sexy piece of strong man." He pretends to tremble at the thought of my ma—Liam. "No one besides him has taken you on a date?"

I try to think back, but let's face it. I didn't really have a history with any guys except for Liam, and Tatum...if you feel he needs to be counted. It's still a weird subject, and I like for it to be left alone. "No."

"See, not everybody gets these fabulous happy ending stories like you get. Where you meet your other half and stick it out through everything, so every date means you're in it together officially."

"My story isn't finished yet..."

"Keep playing stupid and I'll end it for you." He deadpans.

     After I roll my eyes, he continues speaking, clearly super excited about his upcoming date. "We're going go-karting." 

     I smile, remembering when Liam and I went go-karting back in high school. When we skipped. It was a great day. "How long have you known them for?"

"A few months."

I gasped. "And I'm just hearing about this now?"

"Josefina, I haven't seen you in years." He mumbles quietly, placing his straw between his lips again as a slight sign of shyness.