VI

'what if i fall?
oh baby,
what if you fly.'
------------------------

Friday rolls around before i know it. after we left school we spent the rest of the day at the beach which honestly, i'm glad we did. Jaymes had to leave early because his parents were taking him on a trip to Hawaii, lucky kid. the boys have really bonded with Jaymes and i'm really happy with that. i've been home alone cause mama and papa left for a business trip on Thursday and they took Cole with them. Amelia came straight to mine after school because at about 4 Ace, Ethan and Seb are coming over and it's 3:30 now. reaching the door i unlock it and pull it open getting a rush of cold air from the aircon. Amelia shoved past me heading straight for the kitchen.

"oh no, make yourself at home." i mumble sarcastically, smiling slightly. following behind her i go to the fridge and grab a chocolate bar, sitting down at the bench.

"so," Amelia starts with a smirk, "what's going on with you and Ace?" i look up at her with wide eyes.

"nothing." i rush out still with chocolate in my mouth.

she shakes her head. "bull." i roll my eyes at her.

"okay then look me in the eyes and tell me you don't like any of them." i challenge. her face starts going bright red and i know instantly she likes one of them.

"WHO?!" i scream. i see her cringe and mutter something quietly under her breath.

"Ethan." I KNEW IT. i stand up and do a little happy dance as Amelia starts laughing.

"I DIBS PICKING THE MOVIE!" she burst out before running into the lounge room. stopping my happy dance and bolt after her.

not long after the loud ring of the door bell sends an echo through the house. getting up from the comfy couch i head over to the door, unlocking it and pulling it open.

"hey sorry we're late." they all say in unison. i frown and look up at the clock on the wall. oh. 6:30.

"no it's fine, uh come in." i step aside and Ethan and Seb bolt inside heading straight to the sound of the tv.

"hello hermosá." Ace comes up to me, pulling me into a hug. i wrap my arms around his torso enjoying his warmth.

"hey." my voice is muffled by his shirt.

"oi what the hell!" i hear Amelia yell. Ace and i break apart and walk towards the lounge room. Sebastian is holding the tv remote, flicking trough the channels with his hand on Amelia's chest pushing her away stopping her from grabbing the remote back. i laugh at the sight walking forward and grabbing the remote out of Seb's hand surprising him and walking over to the other couch taking a seat.

"thank you Sebo, now what do you want to watch?" i ask, bouncing up a bit as Ace plops down next to me.

"A SCARY MOVIE!" Sebastian and Ethan yell at the same time. fun fact me and Amelia hate scary movies. we are absolute babies and get scared so easy.

"yeah lets do it, how about the conjuring?" i snap out of my trance and look at Amelia who's looking confident with what she said. i smirk, okay miss i-want-to-impress-my-crush. game on. i go to the movies and type in the letters and play the movie.

soon we about 3 quarters in and i'm doing good until a jump scare comes. Amelia screams and i hold mine in but my hand snaps down to grab something which ends up being Ace's arm. over the sounds of the movie i hear him let out a small laugh before he snakes his arm around my waist pulling me into him. okay this is cool i need a protector right about now. the rest of the movie goes on with many screams from Amelia. when it ends i go into the kitchen to get some snacks and drinks for everyone. realising i probably should have gone shopping i search high and low and find a packet of chips, tim tams, twislers and brownie bites. noticing i can't carry the snacks and 5 cups of hot chocolate.

"can someone help me in here please!" i hear a bit of movement before Ethan pops his head into the kitchen with a cheeky grin.

"hola bonita [hello pretty]." his thick spanish accent coming through.

"hi Ethan, thank you by the way." i give him a smile as i grab the snacks and two of the cups and he grabs the other three.

"de nada [you're welcome]." i nod taking that as you're welcome. he leaves the kitchen and i follow close behind. spreading the snacks and drinks Ethan and i sit back down as Amelia puts on a comedy movie. i finish my drink in a few quick gulps and soon enough Ace pulled me back into his side. not long after, i felt myself start dozing off.

okay maybe i am starting to like him.

-----------------------------------------