XI

after i told them exactly what Ethan had told me they took him away and gave him a 'talk'. now i'm sitting alone in the kitchen feeling bad that Ethan is getting in trouble because i asked what was wrong. i turn in my phone to check the time when i feel like i'm missing something. 10:47am Friday. what's missing? it clicks inside my head and my eyes widen.

"oh shoot!" i yell out. i have school. the only reason i came home was so i didn't miss anymore school. i mean i hate the place anyway so one extra day won't hurt right? i see the boys come running down the stairs and Ace is at my side as fast as lightning.

"what's wrong? what happened?" he asks frantically.

"nothing i uh i just remembered something but it's okay," i sigh shaking my head at my stupidness. why the heck did i yell? he lets out a heavy breath and pulls me into a hug.

"don't do that you scared me hermosá i thought you were hurt," he mutters softly. i wrap my arms around his torso and rest my head on his chest. we all stay in silence until Ethan speaks up.

"so uh Gracie, is Amelia single?" a smile creeps onto my face.

"mm yeah why?" i ask him, fully knowing the reason already.

"just asking for a-uh-um friend yeah," he stutters. i nod.

"okay well you'll have to give me his number so i can hook them up," i tell him smirking. Ace and Seb start laughing and Ethan rolls his eyes.

"fine! i like her!" he throws his hands up adding a dramatic effect.

"we know," we reply at the same time. his eyes widen and he looks like a little kid that just got told he can't have ice cream.

"is it that obvious?" he questions, sounding scared for his life.

Seb shrugs, "to us yeah but her not so much," okay he's right there.

"tell her," they all turn to me with looks on their faces like i've gone crazy.

"that's a terrible idea, you don't just tell a girl you like her. you need to do something extraordinary," Sebastian says. the two boys nod their heads in agreement and i raise my eyebrows at Ace.

"oh you agree with him do you?" i ask him. his eyes widen slightly and he starts shaking his head like he's taking back agreeing with the boys.

"okay well i guess this morning can be forgotten," i tell him strongly. of course i'm kidding but he doesn't need to know that.

"no! no, it's- it's fine. that doesn't need to be forgotten," he laughs nervously, "you're wrong boys it doesn't need to be amazing you just need to suck it up and not be a pussy and tell her," he clears his throat and looks at me through the corner of his eye. i smile and nod at him and he visibly relaxes. i laugh as he walks over and collapses his head against my chest. i wrap my arms around his neck and rest them on his shoulders.

"you told her? this morning? in BED?" Ethan asks with wide eyes. Ace makes a noise and his head vibrates softly.

"wow not bad dude. high five," Seb walks over and raises his hand towards Ace. not bothering to look at Sebastian, he lifts his hand and swings it completely missing Sebs hand. not bothering to try again Seb stands beside me and lifts himself into the bench resting himself next to me. i run my fingers through Ace's hair who is so still he could be asleep. we all stay there enjoying the silence for a few minutes before the front door opens and there's shuffling down the hall. we all look at each other confused and i feel Ace tense up. what's going on? Ace lifts his head and stands up straight with his body still tense. his hand moves around like he's searching for something until it comes in contact with mine and he laces our fingers together gripping on tight. a man and a woman walk into the kitchen hand in hand and stop once they see everyone hanging around. the man clears his throat before speaking.