14. Its True I Crave You

Chapter 14

You walk up to the front desk and set your backpack on the ground. "I'm here to see Jack Gilinsky. I was here yesterday."

"Okay. What's your name?"

"Olivia."

"Oh yes. You can go down and see him now."

"Thank you." You picked your bag up from the floor and started walking down the hall. You turned the door knob and pushed open the door seeing jack asleep in his bed. You pushed it even further and saw his mom sitting in a chair on the other side of the room.

"Hello? Who are you?"

"My names Olivia and I'm well... Jack and I -"

"She's my friend from school." Jack said in a raspy voice. You looked over at him then back to his mom. You felt as if he was lying, and you were waiting to see if she believed him or not. It wasn't a lie though. You and Jack were just friends. Right?

"Okay! I'm Jacks mom as you probably have already guessed, and It's nice to meet you Olivia." She walked over to you and pulled you into a hug.

"She's a hugger." Jack said while laughing.

"Jacks told me so much about you! You are as pretty as he said!"

"Mom!"

"Sorry! I can't help myself! I'll leave you two alone now. I'll be downstairs if you need me! Oh and Jack,"

"Yeah?"

"Keep your hands to yourself and be kind to this young woman."

"Okay mom, I will..."

"Good. Call me if you need anything. Love you."

"Love you too." Jacks mom left the room and you sat down on the edge of his bed. You looked over at him and saw that his cheeks were bright red.

"You're blushing! I've never seen you blush!"

"Yeah..." He looked over at the windows and back down at his lap.

"I brought you some snacks in case you were getting tired of this hospital food." You pulled them out of your bag and he still wouldn't look at you. "What is it?"

"I just- I don't really like you seeing me like this."

"Like what?"

"Like, in a hospital bed, with people waiting on me and stuff."

"Jack..."

"I want to be the one taking care of you. Not the other way around."

"I don't think it's really that big of a deal..."

"Maybe not but I hate having this cast and not being able to walk around with you."

"Since when do we walk around together? We just sit on the couch and watch movies." He laughed a little then his smile faded.

"You just don't understand. I was going to- if Derrick hadn't have come that day... Never mind."

"What? I'm your friend. You can tell me anything."

"That's just it! I don't want to be just your friend. I was going to plan something romantic and take you out on a date but then this happened and- and now I can't do anything." You scooted closer to him on the bed.

"Scoot over." He scooted over in the bed and you lifted up the covers. You pressed your body up against his and wrapped your arm around his chest. Without saying anything you leaned your head on his shoulder and kissed his cheek.

"You already took care of me. You protected me when Derrick came and you stood up for me." You felt the vibrations from every word you spoke.

"Now it's my turn to take care of you."

You moved your hand up and down his chest. "Did I ever tell you how cute you look in this hospital gown?" He laughed and looked down at you with the first real smile you've seen since he's been in the hospital.