Chapter 1 "Maven X900"

"Kimberly! Come on downstairs!"  shouted Jackson Jones as he put down a bag with "CELL LLC." on it.
Kimberly Jones rushed downstairs with enthusiasm and came to her father and mother who were waiting patiently in the living room.

"What is it?" asked Kimberly, who stared at the bag.

"Well hunni, because you did well this semester, we will be awarding you with the latest phone from CELL LLC. Presenting you the Maven X900!" shouted Jackson. Her mother went in the kitchen to bring out a cake she had in the oven.

Kimberly took the bag and took out a purple phone which turned on and a voice said "Welcome user, please enter your name". She entered her name on the screen and a wide range of apps were displayed.

"Aww thank you Dad, how much internal storage does it have?" asked Kimberly.

"98 GB, its camera quality is up to date, all the things that a teenager desires," replied Jackson giving her a manual. Kimberly took the phone and ran upstairs to her room. She placed the phone on the bed and started to upload her contacts.

"Contact uploading is at 4%," said the voice on the phone, and on the screen a message "8 CONTACTS UPLOADED" was displayed on the screen.

"Kimberly! Come and help me in the kitchen!" shouted her mother, Ileen from the kitchen.

"Coming mom," shouted Kimberly in response as she rushed downstairs to aid her mother in the kitchen.

  Then all of a sudden the phone screen started to go on and off as if a malevolent spirit was taking control of it...