twenty

Justin

Damn me and my interfering. I just wanted to give Selena a drink to calm her down a little. I didn't expect to hear that. I know I wasn't supposed to.

Ryan looked at Selena before whispering to her. She nodded and got up. She took the coffee and gave a small smile. 'I guess I should probably explain.' She said.

We walked out of the room and Asher was walking down the hall. 'How is he?' He asked. 'He's tired but he's going to be okay. I need to pop out but I'll be back soon.' She said and Asher studied her wearily before nodding and saying 'goodbye.'

'Where are you going?' I asked her and she took my hand. 'We are going on a walk.' She said. I rose a brow and she led me out the hospital. We walked towards a lake and sat on a bench. She put her coffee aside but still held my hand.

'Before my mother died I had some issues. At first it was just the fact my mother wouldn't ever be home but then I started to distance myself from everyone. When I turned 17 I- well.' She pulled her dress up to show me her thighs. She moved her leg so I could see faded scars on the inside. I swallowed a lump in my throat. I hated the fact she had not only hurt herself but the fact she was driven to do this.

'Shit. Princess. I-I've never noticed. You've worn shorts and skirts before but I don't know even when we slept together I didn't notice. I'm sorry.' I said and she shook her head. 'I didn't want anyone to notice. When I tan you can't see the scar. They're fading.' She said.

'Anyways. After my mother died I isolated myself. About a week after her death I went to my special place. The place where I used to go alone. I never even went with Asher or Blake. I jumped off the bridge.' I winced at the thought of her doing this. 'The water was deep. I was unconscious when the paramedics found me and saved me. Ever since then Asher's never left my side and I didn't want to talk to Ryan about it so we drifted apart.'

I didn't know what to say. 'I don't want your pity. I don't want you to be sad for me because I've moved on from it. I tried to hurt myself a few days ago but that was the only time I've relapsed. I'm seeing a therapist soon. That's the real reason I stopped my own work. I'm sticking to training from now on.' She sighed.
'I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to think of the fragile Selena. I'm a fighter and a pretty good one. My mother hated I fought like my dad. She was a business woman. She wanted me to be a clever girl and go and be successful without sport. That's why I did psychology. But I'd always wanted to fight.'

She was opening up to me and I felt like it was my turn.

'Here's me thinking I had a fucked up childhood. You win, princess.' I joked and smiled. 'We don't know that yet.' She said and I sighed. 'I have scars too. Not self-inflicted. But they're scars. My father was busy building Bieber Co when he and my mother split. I was only 9 when my mothers boyfriend would use me as a punching bag. It was only until my dad came back he realised what was happening and I moved in with him and my mother finally dumped the prick.' Selena leaned her head on my shoulder as we watched the sun set over the lake.

'We are pretty fucked up aren't we.' She said. I smiled kissing the top of her head. 'I had fun today, you know. Apart from your brother almost dying and talking out about our shitty pasts. It's the longest time I've spent with a girl.' I admitted. I heard Selena giggle. 'I've been meaning to tease you about calling me your girl earlier.' I inwardly cursed myself for blurting that out. 'I like the sound of it.' I told her and she looked up. She eyed me carefully. 'What are you saying Mr Hiss?' I grinned widely.

'I'm asking the princess if she would like to make me her prince?'