Please Stay with Me

Then Doctor Marilyn walks in holding a shocker. They zap her chest. Once. Nothing. Twice. Nothing. Third time. "We got a pulse!!!!" A nurse yells

I slide down the wall as the Nurses and Doctor Marilyn walk around her, checking things. They put and IV in her, I guess to help prevent sickness. I walk to the bathroom and splash cold water on my face and sigh. "Dear Lord, I have fallen deeply, madly in love with this girl." I say to myself. Then I smile. "I have fallen deeply, madly in love. I'm in love." I smile again, drying my face and hands with a paper towel. I walk out and go to the glass wall where Hazel is. I put forehead on the glass and whisper "I'm in love with you." Then I notice it, the beeping. It's normal. I let out a breath I didn't know I've been holding this whole time.

"Okay, Lancasters.." then she notices me "and Gus. So Hazel is okay, she is actually doing very well with her new lungs. She just has a germ-free room and when you were in her room, I guess you had a germ that made her react. I think it's enough visiting for today. She'll be more awake tomorrow, and she will be out of this room. Okay?" she says. We all sort of nod or say Okay. Then we go home.

*5 days later.*

Hazel is coming home today! That's my first thought as I wake up. I get dressed quickly and call Grace. She picks up instantly. "Hello, Augustus. Ready to go?"

"Yep." I say. "All set to see my cart-less girl." She laughs "Hey now, you have to share." "Okay, Mrs. L, bye." "Bye Gus."

I sigh, and brush my teeth. I walk upstairs and tell my Mom I'm leaving. Then I make my way to tell Hazel that I'm in love with her. I go and pick up tulips, and some chocolate. I know she will love the flowers, I smile as I think it.

*Hazels POV(yay)*

I wake up around 6:30am and feel a little groggy. My hand goes to my chest area and I gingerly touch the sore spot. I touch my nose and see I have no nubbins on. I breathe in slowly, and I wince in pain.

I call the nurse so she can explain some stuff to me, like how I'm not dead.

"Hello sweetie. How do you feel?"

"Sore." I say blankly.

"Well, hunny, I can give you a morphine drip, hm? How's that sound?" She says gently. I smile, I like this nurse.

"Okay. Um, where's Gus?" She looks at me confused "Gus? Where's Gus? I want to see Gus!"

"I'll, uh, go- be right back." She quickly walks out of the room and I wait for about 5 minutes. Then he walks in, with tears in his eyes. "Hazel, my love," and he leans down and kisses me passionately.

"I-" he chokes on his words "I almost lost you. They had to restart your heart. And I just-" He starts crying. I kiss him on the cheek and rub a hand up and down his arm. "Can you bring my Mom and Dad in here?" He nods, then walks out. I call the nurse. "Can you bring me that morphine drip?" She smiles and hooks it up to me.

"You only have 10 minutes before you start to doze off..." Then Mom and Dad walk in. "I leave now." the nurse says as she walks out. "Hazel, my baby!!" Mom says and hugs me lightly. Dad walks up and kisses me on the head. "Hey Kiddo. How's it feel not to have nubbins?"

"It feels....different. But not having a cart is going to help." My eyes start to droop, and then I fall asleep, the last thing on my mind being able to live cancer free.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

A/N- Okay so I have 226 reads!!!! Guys, I never thought I'd get this far!!

Thanks asdfghjklauren for giving that promo, I think it really helped me!

Okay, so I've had writers block but I managed to get this chapter done for you guys.