Chapter 2: When I made you smile

Dear journal, my sensei said writing you would help keep my mind clear from...unwanted distractions. So I guess to make this clear to you inanimate object.

I hate you and this is a waste of time.

That being written, I'm not really sure what to write in you. I mean what do you write in journal? Annnnd I just wrote that in the journal...that too. Stop it Diaz!

My name is Marco Diaz. I'm 17. I am the crowned prince of Earth, heir to the dimension Terra. Umm I am currently...well since there is no way that anyone can ever find this, at least for the next couple of months and you are my journal, there's no point to write it down. Why did I even write this down? I'm doing it ag...

No really, what do I write in you? I mean sensei said you'd help me regain my focus but all I want is...but I shouldn't...but then again no one...

Dear, Journal

I miss Star. There I admit it.

That's right. I miss Star Butterfly. I know, I know every time my sensei asks what's wrong, I lie to his face. I say nothing is wrong and that this is all just a new experience and such an honor and I'm missing my family but no. I miss Star. I mean I shouldn't but...She is...was my best friend. And honestly, it feels like a part of me is missing. I...I need a second.

I'm back annnnd talking to a book. Greeeat. You know ever since I met her, I just...I just had so much fun, there was finally someone just as crazy as me. And maybe just as lost. My family was just made the rulers of our universe like 20 years ago and we're all still learning everything. Proper way to eat, proper greeting. Just exactly how dimensional scissors work.

I think we balanced each other out well. She was fun, adventurous and beautiful. Umm anyway, I was cautious, maybe a little paranoid. She help me have fun and I helped her stay out of trouble and sometimes, made her smile. Like this one time when were 13. I had known Star nearly a year at this point. While I wasn't able to see Star every day, I did manage to spend a lot of time of her. Most weekends we would see each other. If I didn't go to Mewni, she came down to Earth. Though we still lived in our house as our castle was not yet completed yet. Still Star didn't care and looking back, most of the stuff we did was hang out either just us or with my royal guardsmen Alfonso and Ferguson. Still, it was some of the best days of my life...

I think it was the beginning of the year...or middle...or end. I could never remember when most of my memories actually took place. Star had that effect on you. Everything just seemed like one giant fun party. It was the weekend and it was time for Star's visit. Except she hadn't shown. I patiently waited, hoping that she was just forced to do some extra princess training or something but as noon bleed into 7 at night, I knew she wasn't coming. Our dimensions ran on the same 24 hour day cycle so there was no way she was just waiting for it to be the proper time on my part. To say I was hurt would be an understatement. I mean, I wasn't hurt too badly. I AM a misunderstood bad boy. Star always had the cutest grin whenever I told her that.

I had no idea what I had done and even then, Star was usually very forgiving. As I dishearteningly made my way upstairs, I heard the magic mirror ring and paused a moment when dad answered. "Queen Butterfly" he said with his usual accented greeting "This is a pleasant surprise though I do no think you called for hellos." "King Diaz, Queen Diaz" Star's mom replied in a controlled, elegant voice "I am calling in to regards to Star's visit." "Oh yes, how is she doing? Marco was quite upset when she hadn't shown up with Manfred." Mom asked quizzically. I remembered muttering under my breath that I wasn't upset. "Well I am afraid I may need Marco's help this time." she said, a hint of emotion betraying her cool tone. "What's wrong with Star!?" I shouted, racing into the room, turning bright red at my parents smug looks "Umm Queen Butterfly"