Chapter 12: The Raid on Saint Olga's

Dear Journal...

I don't know how to do this? I mean this...this...

Okay, I can write this. This part of the reason I am writing in a journal. I have to write this...

I remember the morning of

It was dark and stormy on earth, as if the world itself was telling me something terrible was about to happen. Something just...unthinkable.

I remembering walking down the stairs, dejected and honestly quite depressed.

Star had been hauled off to Saint Olga's and I just missed her.

I remember how hard it was the first few days, how many times I would instinctively head to Mewni only to find her parents staring at me in confusion upon my arrival.

I wrote her a letter everyday...

Okay...maybe I wrote...more...than one...

Fine! Stop giving me that look you stupid journal

I wrote at least 3 letters to her a day. I mean only sent the least pathetic sounding of the bunch because...she didn't need to know what the others said.

You don't need to know either! No, you don't need to know that the others were long ramblings about how much I missed her and how I wish I could give her the biggest hug I could because I seriously couldn't handle her not being a mirror call away or one snip of a scissors from my arms...

Well played book. Well played.

I...I couldn't tell her that. It sounded so pathetic...so needy...so...umm...in...love with...

I couldn't. She was my best friend. She still talked about Oskar. She did not like me like that. She doesn't like me like that...

geesh, I really am a loser. What kind of prince can't get the princess? I mean...I know I'm not much to...well much of anything but...I still have something right? Who am I kidding, no princess has ever been interested in me, especially the one I wanted to impress the most.

Ever since I gave that crown to Star...princess Jackie just didn't seem like the right fit anymore...I...fell for my best friend and I don't remember when it happened. Had it been Mewberty? Was it that costume party? Maybe it was the night I met her and I made the passing comment how pretty she was, the one my parents overheard... I just fell and I couldn't stop myself from falling deeper...I didn't want to.

So I tried my best to keep myself sane, giving no sign of how badly I missed her, how often I stared at the pictures of us that littered my room...how often I stayed up late up with Pink, stroking her fur because she was our pet.

I told her how mom kept begging for me to go get married already (I failed to mention that it was Star she was begging me to marry. Star didn't need to know how badly my parents wanted her to be their daughter in law) how Ferguson and Alfonso were planning a princess jail break just for her (So they could bring her straight back to me. I wasn't very good at hiding my...dispirited state from anyone). I mentioned how a bunch of girls, both royalty and regular people, kept coming to my house, asking for directions in the most random directions. I mean I still have no idea what was that about and I hoped Star could shed some light on their actions because staring at me with red tinted cheeks and giggling happily seemed odd behavior for people that were lost. I knew Star couldn't write back but I wanted to give her some time to come up with an answer because I was stumped. Still am actually.

I remember how I used put a number at the bottom of each letter, how much time till she returned, the only indication on how hard I was taking our separ...