Chapter 3: A wand is a terrible thing to lose

I miss Marco I miss Marco I miss Marco I miss Marco I miss Marco I miss Marco I miss Marco.

Oh, hello inanimate object. I didn't realize I was writing in you. I kinda spaced out. Been doing that a lot more than usual.

I had a dream about him. Last night. I mean it's not like I always dream of him. You know what? I admit it. I dream of Marco. Not all the time but often. Most of my dreams are just our fun times together and all my nightmares are nothing but that shattered, lost look he gave me a year and half ago. It was like I reached into him and just broke him.

You are not helping me you stupid book? Can I even label you as a book? Nothing but memories and an unhappy ending in you.

Last night was different if I'm going to be honest. Everything was so clear and crisp like I was really seeing him in front of my eyes. I had no idea where he was. The walls were so bleak and devoid of anything that would make it homey. Nothing in the room but a desk with a book and his bed. He was sleeping on his side, his black hair was little longer than he normally kept it and much more wild than I remember. I could see a little bit of hair growing on his chin too. I felt creepy just staring at him there, taking deep breaths and letting out a cute snore when he exhaled. I miss him so much that I couldn't help it. I reached out to him as if it would to prove to me that this was really Marco. I remember my fingers gently brushing his cheek before he shot up, awake. Then I did too.

I am still confused. I could feel his breath, I could feel his skin underneath my fingers. Even the beating of his heart that precious second I touched him. It felt so real. But that was impossible! Not even my training wand could do something like that. Maybe mom's wand but not mine. I mean this thing is on its last legs. Good thing too because I turn 18 in a few months.

Still, this wand has been a huge help though when I first got it, I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. I woke up the morning of The Event as we like to call it peppy and happy as a Star Butterfly should be. La la laing and dancing my way down the grand staircase and into the main hall, I couldn't wait till Marco showed up a few hours later. As I made my way downstairs, I heard mom call "Star, please come in here" I frowned. Was I in trouble already? I literally had just came down the staircase. I've been up for 10 minutes, though I was awake for an hour. Hey, journal I'll have you know my bed is comfy and I refuse to get up before 9! I remember being slightly confused when I went into the throne room to find not only my parents in the room but also Marco! "MARCO!" I cried before flying at him, giving him a bone crushing as he chuckled and lightly hugged me back. I pulled back, staring him at with a lost look on my face "What are you doing here so early?"

Marco opened his mouth to answer but mom beat him to it "I asked him to come early so we may get some important business done. Though" she eyed Marco distastefully "I admit I was rather surprise Prince Marco had decided to come dressed so...lax." Marco turned a bit pink in the face, shrugging as he tried his best not to look embarrassed. He was wearing his trademark street clothing: A red, really soft and warm hoodie, some black jeans (And in true Marco fashion, well pressed and tidy) and his really too big sneakers. The only royal item that he had on him was his sword, sheathed inside a scabbard belt.

"Soooo, that still hasn't answered my question about what is going on" I asked as nonchalantly as I could. "Haha, I know you're excited dear" dad answered, chuckling lightheartedly "But I think it is best that we simply begin. That should clear everything right up. Dear?" Mom cleared her throat and held out the family magic wand, stolen from Ludor and scared treasure of the Butterfly dynasty. I let out a sequel of upon realizing what was about to happen. Mom softly glared (How she can glare softly I'll never know) at me but I couldn't help but begin to eagerly dance on my tip toes. "I, Stellar Butterfly, Queen of Mewni and current guardian of the Butterfly Wand, decree that when you, Star Butterfly, reach the age of 18, you will take over my role as protector and mistress of the wand. Please touch the wand." She held it out towards me and I could swear I was hyperventing or whatever Marco called it. I bit my lip, unable to even think that this day had finally come. As I clasped my hand around my mother's, I could feel the energy of the wand course through me. I felt I could do anything, fight anything, finally clean my closet of that bear that's being living in it!