Chapter 03: We were going for a run**'

Beyoncé

         I felt a hand slither across my waist. "Carter?" I whispered. He responded with a "mmm. ." and pressed his front on my behind. I started to drag my fingers on his arm and he started to breathe on my neck.

"Baby?" I softly said. He did that "mmm" groan again. "Why didn't you answer my call?" I asked.

His fingers wandered through my hair. "Why didn't you leave a message?" he wrapped his arm around me tighter. "I texted you.."

"Oh, I didn't see it."

I stretched out my neck because he was still breathing on it. "Where were you?"

"I went to the store."

I sat up with my legs still under the covers and reached for my phone pressing the home button. "Carter, it's five a.m." I un-wrapped his arm from around me. "So?"

He sat up and watched me as I started getting dressed. "Baby, where you going?" he asked and sat up. "You're drunk, and I'm going to rehearsal." He sighed. "I ain't drunk."

"Carter, you've been coming home drunk so many times I already know how you act. By the way, I don't think you got drunk when you went to the store."

I placed on my sweat pants along with a pair of my white Nikes and my loose cropped top. "You don't have to go...Please."

"Carter, I'm going to be late if I'm not there by 5:30, it's 5:00 and if it's a thirty minute drive." I said. He groaned. "How the hell am I supposed to get there!?"

"The same way you got your ass to the store."

"When did you become a bitch?"

I looked back at him and he got under the covers. I huffed and grabbed my keys along with my purse. "Good Bye, take your children to their cousin when you're sober." I left after that.

***

      My mind drifted unto earlier this morning when Carter said he went to the store. The fuck does he mean he went to the store!? He wasn't home at nine and returns at five drunk and says he was at the store!? No.

"Beyoncé, something bothering you??" my choreographer asked. I sighed and noticed that Trey and the rest of my dancers were looking at me. "No, nothing bothering me. I didn't get enough sleep." I responded.

"B, you ran to the bathroom five times this morning, and now you're not paying attention. Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded "I'm fine, let's continue."

He looked concerned but decided to continue. "Alright, so let's go over Run the world one more time." He said. The music started to play and Trey along with my other male dancer stood next to me. When our que came we started to dance.

****

       Right, now I am boiling in sweat. The anxiety is literally killing me right now. I can feel my pressure rising while the air condition sped up. Even though the air condition was on, I was still heating up.

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that I looked just the way I felt. In other words, disgusting. Trey stood beside me and rested his hand on my shoulder once the song was over. I looked at him and he was also sweaty.

"I'm gonna head to the back for a minute, in case Frank asks." He told me. "Alright."

He left and my female dancer Ashley came up to me and we both took a seat on the floor. "Look, Bey. Other people may not tell, but I can." She said. "What are you talking about?"