Chapter Six

Attached is what Riley wore to the Chanel Show.

***

“MISS RILEY JAMES! GET YOUR ASS INTO THIS KITCHEN RIGHT NOW.” Emma screamed as I stepped inside the apartment.

“What now Emma?” I said as I slid off my boots and put my keys on the rack.

“When were you going to tell me that you and Nate have a thing!” She yelled and slapped a glossy magazine in front of me. Scanning the cover, the big bolded letters caught my eye.

“Up and coming singer Riley James and Tourmate Nate Westbrook an item?” I read aloud and laughed. The pictures were of us hugging off to the side of the red carpet, him helping me into his car, and lastly a picture from when we walked the red carpet together. “You honestly believe this?” I asked baffled.

She nodded, “You have been spending an awfully long time together and you wrote that song with him. Plus I haven’t seen you much recently..” I didn’t say anything and walked over to give her a hug.

“You know you would be the first to know Em. You’re basically my family.” I assured her.

“Sorry..” She muttered in my hair. “I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too. How about we go get lunch?” I asked as I pulled away.

“I would love to but I have a show I’m walking in tonight and I need to get there in about 20 minutes. There’s an invatation on my nightstand if you want to come. It starts at 8.” She said as she went to grab her purse.

“Love you!” She said as she exited.

“Love you too!” I yelled back and plopped down on the couch, flipping around till finding a rerun of awkward and snuggling into the pillows.

***

Five hours, a whole America’s Next top model season, a whole twitter livestream and half a olive pizza later, It was time to get ready for the show tonight. I did my normal hair and makeup, adding a deep lipcolor and pining back a few sections from the front. I pulled on a deep red lace dress that ended about mid thigh with a section overlapping the other, and slipped pointy toe black pumps that I shared with Emma.

Checking the mirror, I decided that I looked professional enough and grabbed my keys along with the invitation that I had taken off of Em’s nightstand.

As I walked the pathway to my car, a few quite frustrating photographers blocked my way and I once again had to shove my way through to get to my car.

***

Once I arrived at the event, I handed my keys to the valet who were provided by the event and stepped out. I had called Juliette earlier and told her I was coming tonite and she told me she would come meet me. I spotted her near the red carpet and walked over.

“Hello, Now I have you scheduled to walk the carpet in about 5 minutes, then you can go inside. Please socialize, this is a place to get your name out.” I simply nodded, knowing that more instructions were coming soon. “Also, Tomorrow morning we have a meeting with the boys to discuss the tour and to check out the tour bus. Be at my office at 9.”

“Okay.” I replied. Someone motioned for me to come to them and Juliette nodded before directing me to go.

The second I walked on the carpet, the flashes were blinding and I heard my name every few seconds. I simply stood and smiled before changing my pose a few times. Before I left, I woman with a microphone called my name and asked for an interview. Walking up to her, she introduced herself as Nina Alderson for People Magazine. I nodded and smiled for the camera.