Chapter Seven

Attached is what I think Emma looks like!

***

“We leave next week for the tour. I need everyone to be packed by the 7th and we can go check out the bus on 4th. You are free to go now. Juliette and I need to clear up a few things.” The boy’s manager Nick said after about two hours of droning on about tour details. 

“Yes!” the boys cheered as they stood up and ran out of the room. 

“Thanks.” I said and exited the room, following the noise to the elevator where the boys were located. 

“Riley!” The boys yelled when they saw me, as if they hadn’t seen me in a year when in reality it was about 30 seconds ago. Before I could react, Archer and Parker had tackled me down to the floor, me located at the bottom of the pile. 

“oof! Boys off!” I yelled, voice muffled by Archers shoulder.

“Guys off her, she’s fragile.” Nate said chuckling as he pulled the boys off of me. I reached my hands up when he reached me and he grasped them before pulling me up so fast the room spun. 

“Yeah, Yeah. Protect the girlfriend.” Parker snickered to Archer. As if on command, my cheeks flushed a deep pink and I looked at the floor. 

“What are you boys up to today?” I asked the trio who were playing ninja in the middle of the hallways. 

“We’re all chilling at our LA house. You want to come?” Archer asked whilst slapping Nate’s hand, removing him from the battle. 

“Can I bring a friend?” I asked. 

“Only if she’s cute.” Parker replied with a wink before lunging onto Archer, sending us all into fits of laughter at the two tangled on the floor. 

“Okay. What time?” I asked Nate who was leaning against the wall watching the boys with an amused smirk. 

“Now I guess. See ya guys at home!” He replied before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the open elevator, closing it before the others could hop in. 

“What was that all about?” I asked smirking. Nate stepped towards me and I stepped back, trying to keep some distance between us before anything happened. Not to long after, I was backed up against the glass mirror of the elevator. We were so close that if I just stood on my tippy toes I could kiss him. He slowly bent down to my ear, his hot breath cascading down my neck giving me shivers, and whispered “A guy’s got to do what a guy’s got to do to spend alone time with a girl.” before backing over to the other side of the elevator as if nothing ever happened. “Plus Archer is a horrible driver.” I simply nodded, knowing if I tried to talk it would come out so high pitched. 

***

“Emma, I’m coming to pick you up in 15. Be ready!” I said as soon as she picked up the phone before swatting Nate’s hand off of the radio controls and sending him a glare. 

“Okay. Where are we going?” She asked and I could tell she was running around trying to get ready.

“The Boy’s Next Door House.” I replied nonchalantly and I heard her block the phone and scream. I started giggling as I pulled out of the lot and into the LA traffic. 

“Mkay bye!” She yelled and the phone beeped, signaling the call was over. 

“So are you excited for tour?” I asked as we drove on Sunset. 

“Yeah. It’s such an amazing rush and getting to meet fans is one of the best parts of the job. It’s crazy to see how you can impact someones life just by living your own dream.” He replied, “Sometimes I have to step back and remind myself that it could disappear at any second, you know? So I really just try to soak it all up and enjoy every moment. You’ll soon discover how tiring it is to tour and do back to back shows but remember to enjoy it.”