Chapter Five

Attached is both Rileys outfit and the song she “recorded”. Both of the song’s I mention are originals written by the majorly talented Tatiana Manaois and you should go check her out!!

***

“Come on that wasn’t that horrible..” Nate said as he pried my hands from covering my face and gave me a hug. I buried my face into his shirt and he rubbed my back soothingly.

“I tripped in front of a huge crowd of photographers.. It was that horrible.” I muttered into his chest and composed myself. Taking pictures hadn’t been horrible after but I was so new to this! And I somehow managed to trip.

Go Riley. You’re such a freaking klutz. Nate laughed and offered me his elbow again and pulled me into the dark nightclub. It took my eye’s a few moments to adjust to the darkness before I could start to recognize anyone and completely flip out. Nate grabbed us each a beer from a passing waiter and I eagerly pressed it to my lips and took a sip. Nate drank a bit of his and we made our way to go find the other boys.

We eventually found them hanging out with a few others in the back, and I was still flustered from meeting all of my favorite celebrities, I nearly passed out when Taylor Swift said she had heard some of my stuff before.

“Hey Boys!” I greeted as I gave Archer and Parker hugs.

“When Nate said he was bringing someone tonight, we didn’t know it was you! He kept going on about this girl with the prettiest voice.” Archer whispered in my ear before I pulled away, a blush hot on my cheeks. I plopped down next to Nate who was sitting on the couch.

I battered my eyelashes and turned to face him, “Go get me another beer?” I said pouting.

“I’ll be right back, goodness the things you can do to me…” He muttered, pushed himself off the couch and headed over to the bar.

“You have him wrapped around your little pinky finger.” A voice I could recognize anywhere commented from behind me and I whipped around. In front of me stood my favorite artist, Ed Sheeran. Cue my mental freakout.

“Riley James.” I introduced and stuck out my hand but he laughed and pulled me in for a hug.

“Oh, I know who you are. Nate is already quite fond of you.” He said chuckling. My cheeks turned bright red and I managed to mutter out “We’re just friends.”

“Mhmm..” He said and took a sip of his drink. Speaking of drinks, where is Nate? I scanned the room and found him talking to some gorgeous brunette next to the bar. Well, guess he isn’t so crazy about me as people have mentioned. I mentally shrugged.

“Yeah, see.” I pointed over to him and the mystery brunette then to my face. “Not even a tiny bit jealous.”

“I can roll with that lie.” He responded chuckling.

“Ed Sheeran. Are you calling me a liar.” I mock scoffed before letting out a bubble of giggles.

He faked shock, saying in quite a girly voice. “Me? Never.” Before joining me in laughter.

An arm slid around my waist and I spun around to face whoever it was. Surprise, it was Nate. Que the shocked audience sound.

“My man Sheeran!” Nate greeted and did some sort of bro handshake, still holding me.

Ed sent me a wink as if to say ‘you already know what I’m thinking.’ Boys…

“Hey.” I said looking up at his gorgeous face. “Beer?” He nodded and handed my one of the bottles.

“I had you picked as one of those cocktail type girls.” Ed said gesturing to the beer I had just taken a long swig from.

“I grew up in a small town. We drink beer.” I shrugged and explained. He nodded and started a conversation with Nate.