Chapter Twelve

"I always hated the boat ride over to it." I mumbled, railing as I stared down at the water.

"What's with you and water?"

"Remember when I was about four and my dad decided to throw me in a pool before he thought someone was going to catch me? No one caught me and I almost drowned." I frowned, glancing over at him, "That's why I've been scared of pools over four foot, oceans, lakes, rivers.." I sighed.

He stayed quiet, but nodded. I looked around, watching as the large, green statue got bigger and bigger by the second. It's been forever since I've been here. I remember climbing up the stairs to the very top, then almost having a heart attack at how high we were.

"Have you thought about moving here any?" Peter asked, looking down at me.

"For my last year of school." I murmured, "I don't know."

"You started off here. Why not finish up here?"

"That's logical, but I'm sure people don't remember me." I stated, turning towards him.

"How could someone not remember the shortest girl in our class?"

"Don't be mean." I chuckled.

"Even though it's true."

"Shut up." I mumbled, crossing my arms, "I'm still thinking about it."

"Good." he nodded, looking back out towards the statue.

"Are we almost there?"

"Almost." he chuckled, nodding.

I nodded also and leaned against him, "I'm tired of standing."

"Yet you have a lot of stairs to climb."

"We're not going to the very top." I stated.

"I don't think you're allowed to anymore, anyways."
*~*~*~*~

I smiled slightly as I looked out at the water, Peter standing right next to me, "This brings back some memories."

"It does." he nodded, "Do you want to go any higher?"

"No, not really."

"Okay." he chuckled, "Why do you not like heights either?"

"Nothing happened, if that's what you're wondering." I chuckled, "I wasn't like tossed out of a plane when I was little. I'm just scared that if I'm at a high point, I'm going to fall or if I'm in a plane, it's going to crash. If I'm up high in this thing, it'll finally fall." I sighed, shaking my head.

"You have some strange-"

I glared at him.

"- but logical fears." he finished quickly, holding his hands up in a 'don't shoot' manner.

I just shrugged and turned towards the stairs, "Let's go somewhere else now."

"You're already bored?"

"Yes." I chuckled, jogging down the stairs.
*~*~*~*~

"Wanna just go home?" Peter asked as we walked around the city.

"No. Let's go to Central Park."

"Okay. We gotta go there around Christmas time, too."

"If I'm still here." I stated, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Right. If you're still here." he sighed, leading me towards the park.
*~*~*~*~

I read stories on another website and I see alot of writers reply to the people who comment. I'm gonna start doing that! I'm starting it on my other story and I'm gonna start it on this story. Hope to talk to some of you guys soon :)