Chapter 2 & 3

I put these two together cause I didn't have a picture of just the feather tattoo before I got the wrap. Plus people think this was one whole tattoo & it wasn't, it was two separate pieces at two different times.

Who knew that the 1st tattoo would have me jonsing for more! It really is true to most of us that have more than 1 or 2 tattoos that they are addicting. Keep in mind this is 1995 so there were certain themes or items that weren't super popular yet at the time.

So onto a month later, Aug 1995, I got the feathers on my right leg. 

Come Sept 1995, I wanted another tattoo but didn't know just what till I looked at my leg & didn't like the feathers just hanging there in empty space. That's when it hit me to draw something up. I have some Native American neck chokers and since at the time, they weren't popular yet with tattoo artists (mainly barbwire at the time for wrap arounds that was it). So when I brought in my pic to my artist, he was really excited about doing something new like that. I was stone cold sober (cause you have to be) when I got this wrap around done. There are times I look at it & still can't believe I went through that. It sounds weird but the painful area of my leg with the wrap wasn't the shin (as you would think cause of the bone) but it was actually my calf area that hurt during this cause it was in a relaxed state for how I had to position myself for him to get to it (knee bent on a chair so he had access to my calf). After he did the outline, I was like "uhhh....do you think you can do the coloring later?" (it just felt to the point I didn't want him to touch that area anymore) He's like "we're actually almost done." He didn't have to do much coloring as it was just in small areas of highlighting. I like how he also used the same colors that was used in my feathers.

When I was in basic training, we were running laps around the track (and I hate running anyways) and apparently I wasn't running fast enough that my drill sergeant was like "if you loosen that wrap on your leg, you might be able to run faster." *LOL* He wasn't being a hardass about it cause we both laughed.

This is a picture of what one of my neck chokers look like.