The Treaty

He was startled by a shrill scream early in the morning before the sun had even come up, he immediately sat up and looked to his side, Connie had done the same, they locked eyes for a moment and immediately ran to the source of the noise.

Pearl was standing by the front door, nearly frozen in fear and awe.

A huge, red and foreboding arm was floating above the temple. Steven shook Pearl out of it immediately, taking on the mantel of leader.

"Go get the others." He told her calmly, and she nodded, sprinting to the warp pad and warping away.

"Connie. Stay close to me. I don't know what these gems want." Connie nodded and palmed her sword on her back, she could feel the power behind Stevens voice.

He jumped up to a rock and stared at the arm, it was descending slowly, much like the green one Peridot and Jasper came on.

On cue, a good portion of the Crystal Gem forces came in behind him. Several Rubies. Two Jaspers. Bismuth. Garnet, Amethyst, Some Famethyst And Pearl.

Peridot And Lapis were nowhere to be seen.

The red ship touches down on the shore and each member readies their weapons, either forged by Bismuth or summoned in their gems.

A ball emerged from the palm a rolled down the finger that lowered itself to the ground, then Steven held his breath.

One, Two, Three Four, Five, Five Rubies in a cluster stood in front of them, behind them was a strangely cut, red dressed gem, the gem cut was that of a star, the gems hair was fiery red, and her skin a light pink, she smiled down at Steven with crimson eyes that... unsettled him.

"Oh~ What a welcome! I suppose we did come unannounced." Her voice was accented like most upper-class Gem's and so sickeningly sweet and sugary it made Stevens hair stand on end.

"I am Cuprite. And these are my Rubies." She motioned to each one who kept their stance, looking emotionless and almost robotic.

"I am a delegate from Homeworld, My Diamond, Blue, wants an end to this war. And is willing to vouch for the planet." She bows but something told Steven that he should be very wary around this new Gem.

"Very well Cuprite. You may enter the temple with me so we can discuss this matter." He motioned to Connie and Amethyst to follow him for backup.

"I would be honored Pink." He tensed at her words, sighed and turned, waiting for the Gem to step beside him.

She eventually did, Her Rubies behind her, she was a head shorter than him, nearly Connie's height, and had her hair in two long braids.

"Come then." He motioned and walked foreword, Gems parting the path to let them through, any other Gem would feel honored to be treated like this, but he just felt uncomfortable to be treated like a Diamond.

"Oh this is wonderful Your Kindness! No more shattering or fighting! Everything will turn out swimmingly." He rolled his eyes and stepped in with Cuprite beside him and Connie and Amethyst almost blocked my the team of Rubies who, stared in awe at him.

"My Diamond." They would say in unison when he looked at them, making him feel more and more uncomfortable.

"I assume Blue has her conditions for her vouch?" Cuprite looked almost overjoyed as she summoned a screen out of her gem, which was on her head like Pearls.

"Only a few Your Pinkness." He really wished she would stop bringing up the fact that the gem imbedded in his body was in fact a Diamond.

"And those would be?" He asked, and she smiled her sickeningly sweet smile.

"My Diamonds first condition, is to return all the ships Captain Lars has stolen." Steven chuckled a little bit, knowing Lars to be in a Yellow Diamond ship, and no where near earth.

"That's reasonable. What else?" He asked He to continue.

"Her second condition, is to let her gems dump off the remaining subjects for the Human Zoo here."

Steven thought for a moment, then sighed.

"If they drop them off at the temple to get them rehabilitated, I don't see the problem, and I assume there is another condition?" He said running his fingers through his hair.

"Only one more. My Diamond would like you to return to Homeworld to carry out your duties as a Diamond." In a moment, his heart came falling into his chest. But even before he could get a word out. Connie spoke up.

"What?! No!"