Home

They sneak through the dimly lit tubes to the very end corridor from his... Pinks room. There is a ship, a pastel pink and looking never used. This was their way out, their escape. And their way home.

"Steven. If we do this there is no stopping the war. We'd be resetting everything." Connie said, holding his hand and pressing her hand on the windshield.

"I'm okay with that. I need you safe and, I realize now that the Diamonds will continue to push me around and do whatever they want to the earth. They need to be stopped." He scanned his hand in the side and the ships two doors flew open.

"Steven they care about you." Connie said, and Steven sighed and stopped.

"I know." He began again, pushing her gently into the ship and then messing with the controls.

"I left a message on Blue's communicator using the password I got from Yellow. It says I'll be back in eighty or a hundred years, that isn't long in Gem time." Connie smirked, and she was strapped in.

"Do you know how to drive this thing?" She asked hesitantly, subconsciously grabbing onto the hard shiny seat.

"No Idea." He smirked and pressed a button, the ship roared and sputtered to life, floating effortlessly into the air and the wall in front of them slid open, and the stars awaited.

"Earth." Steven said while messing with the console. Connie sighed, holding her head and watching the man do his work. She had always admired him, but after everything had happened she really did come to love him, caring, loving, protective, a leader and overall a good friend. A good boyfriend.

At the thought she recoiled, Steven her boyfriend? She supposed that was the logical next step. But was she ready? To have that kind of commitment. Well she thought she was.

Steven on the other hand, was thinking along those same lines. Was he ready for such commitment to another person, Could he afford it. He glances back to the stars outside the windshield to her, her eyes reflected the stars and suddenly he knew his answer. Yes.

He moved the ship to autopilot, they would be home in a week, and he would have her by then. They would be home.

"Connie... You coming with me on this journey has made me realize some things." He began, taking her hand in his own and his nerves getting to him.

"The first being that Anxiety never goes Away even when your pushing your twenty's." Connie Chuckled at his dryness and nodded.

"The second being is that, we've been friends for a really long time. And after everything we've been through, I know now that... I can't live without you." He was beet red and his heat was steadily rising.

"And I... don't want to. Ever." He refused to look at her and pretended to be interested in the console.

It took a solid minute. But he was suddenly pressed against the door of the ship locking lips with her, he didn't fight it but pulled her onto his lap and held her steady.

And they stayed like that for who knows how long before Connie finally pulled away.

"Me neither." She responded breathlessly, a smile on her face to match Stevens.....

After a long journey they landed on Earth, each and every gem on the surface embracing them.

And Garnet was there, and she only nodded and gave a thumbs up, Pearl was crying and Amethyst has already run up and hugged them.

Peridot gave a salute but He knew she'd hug him later, Lapis nodded and gave him a small smile, Which for her, is the most profound moment of love.

Everything went back to normal, well, as normal as possible. And although it took more than a few years.

Earth had a new Gem Hybrid, 1/3 Gem....

Rose.