Pink

He stepped into a room as yellow as the sun, he immediately felt warm as he walked in, and was tersely greeted by a tall Yellow figure.

"Pink." Steven sighed, looking up a the tall woman.

"Hello Yellow. You called?" He tried to be as polite as possible, but he knew Yellow didn't like him as much as White didn't.

"Yes." Was all she said before she brought a screen up and flicked it at him, he caught it, and stared at it, in which it began to play a video.

"The emergence of Pink Diamond." He heard Blue say somewhere from behind the recording device, he was looking at a crack in the wall of some random planet he didn't recognize.

The wall then started to twist and split, the ground started to rumble and Gems in the shot now backed away and started doing the Gem salute.

Two pink arms thrust out of the ground, then a fluffy pink head and poofy dress, then short little legs and shoes with little poms.

Except she was small, unlike any other Diamond she was a quarter of the size of Yellow and Blue, he heard murmurs and whisper. And Blue saying: "Oh no... of all the gems...."

Several seconds of silence passed in the crowd before they erupted with cheer, and in such the Diamonds them selves clapped and approached the young Diamond before the Video ends.

"Why did you show this to me?" Yellow looked at him curiously, seemingly studying him.

"Do you have any of her memories? Do you share anything but her Gem?" He sighed, they wanted his mother back, not him, he had excepted that he's not his mother... and that he can be better than her.

"I don't have any of Pinks memories Yellow... but we do share something." He sat up and proclaimed.

"And what is that?" She questioned, her piercing eyes making Steven feel intimidated.

"I have her ideas. Her kindness, and her love." Yellow rolled her eyes.

"You've been hanging out with Blue to much." She said tersely, and Yellow turned to him.

"Come here Pink." She pats the armrest of her throne and Steven floats up and watches her mess with a screen.

He stayed quiet, playing very close attention to which buttons did what.

"You are more mature now, since you have come back you have shown to be competent enough to handle yourself." He nodded slightly, memorizing the buttons that Yellow was pressing.

"Yes... But Yellow you do know I am not Pink, I am a different person." He said, trying to hold conversation a little longer so he could memorize more.

"Yes.... Maybe that is for the best." She looked at him, up and down. Then scoffed.

"Go back to your room, that as all I wanted you to see." He again felt insulted, but was relieved to be away from her when he remembered something drastic.

Connie can't breathe without him.

His eyes grew wide an his heart sank to his stomach, he started sprinting, he was a blur through the tubes, and when he reached his door he kicked it open. Seeing Connie on the floor struggling to breathe.

He flung himself on her, as soon as their skin touched Connie started to breathe more deeply, and then finally relax.

"What took you so long...?" She asked and he almost sobbed, he had nearly killed her because he was an idiot and got distracted.

"Oh stars... I'm so sorry, I forgot you can't breathe here..." She held him and he held her back, until she was breathing normally again... then he looked into her eyes.

"We need to get off this planet so that never happens again..." Steven said slowly, his hand running over her cheek.

"And I know a ship we can take."