Pink, White, and Pets.

They must have fallen asleep on the bed, because Steven awoke to a Pink Pearl standing over the bed, he yelled, jumping backwards and jostling Connie awake. The Peal also was taken aback, but immediately resumed her stance.

The pearl had pink, fluffy hair that was tied into a bun on the back of her head, her Gem was on her navel, and she had a bright pink tutu.

"It is an honor to serve you My Diamond, I hope my abilities will suit you." Steven and Connie looked at each other, and Steven slid carefully out of bed.

They were in a different chamber now, even larger than before, a large pink chandelier hung from the ceiling and the bed he laid on was even larger. There was a pink table in the middle of the room and four chairs surrounding it.

"I'm sure it will be fine Pearl, and please call me Steven. I don't go by Pink Diamond." She bowed for a moment, her pointed nose to the floor, and then lifted herself up to face him.

"As you wish, Steven." The word was forced, like she was breaking code. But was visibly more relaxed after she had.

"You do not have to conform to Homeworld standards around me Pearl, you can be yourself." She stared at him, looking around for a few seconds, looking at him uncertainly.

"It's alright." He said slowly, She relaxed slightly, her hands clasping together and sighing.

"Thank you... My errr... Steven." He chuckled and patted her shoulder, smiling widely at the new face.

"You'll get used to it, heh, so where are we?" He asked, and the Pearl lit up, her gem glowing and screens appearing from thin air.

"We are on Homeworld. In your room, you were still in recharge mode when you arrived, so I brought you and your human pet in." He stiffened at the sound of pet, and turned on a dime, immediately the Pearl made herself look small.

"You will never call her a pet again, her name is Connie, and she is to be treated with the same respect you show me, do I make myself clear?" Pink Pearl looked terrified, and nodded her head, looking at Steven with the fear of being shattered.

"Good. Now Pearl. I need you to leave us alone for awhile, then I need you to inform me of my duties." She cleared her throat, bowed, and quickly walked out, likely thankful for being alive.

"That was harsh Steven..." Connie pointed out when PP was out of earshot, and Steven looked out the massive window and sighed.

"I know, I'll apologize when she returns. I just don't want you to be treated badly while you are with me." He replied, as Connie stood beside him, also looking out over Homeworld.

"It's fine Steven, I'm an alien here. I didn't expect much else." He chuckled and shook his head, his hair shaking like a mane.

"That's the problem. They don't know what you are, and most importantly, what you can do. They're not going to treat you fairly unless I order them to." He laid a hand in her shoulder, looking down at her.

"Connie... You mean... everything to me, you are the only thing I have left of home, I need you to be treated like a queen." She blushed and smiled.

"Oh... well, I... thank you." She stammered, she held onto Stevens arm her nerves getting the best of her.

"You can see Whites room from here." He pointed to the giant white torso and looked at it with indifference.

"You don't seem to like her very much." Connie pointed out, and Steven leaned against the frame of the window.

"I've never even seen her, Her court are all robotic though, some of them older than some of the Diamonds." Connie sighed at his words, and hugged him from behind.

"Steven, we'll free all the Gems and return to earth. We'll head home, and everything will be fine." Connie replied, trying to be optimistic.

He looked out over Homeworld, his gaze unwavering but Connie could feel his heart racing.

"Oh Connie, I wish it was so easy." He wrapped his arm around her, enjoying the last moments of quiet before he knew Pink Pearl would arrive to start his duties.