The Final Bullet

Sara's POV

            Heavy breaths left my nostrils as I sat on the floor with my hands tied to my back. A hulk-like man stood behind me with both palms on my shoulders. Anger flowed through my body. I felt helpless, weak, a feeling that was making my anger grow every second. The Williams were sitting on their knees on the other end of the room. Each of them was tied up the same way I was, except there were men threatening them with guns to their heads. Jamal was the only one standing. I knew he was a spy! He was talking to Malik, but I couldn't hear what they were saying for my dear kidnappers were keeping me away from everyone in case someone tried to save me. Seriously?! It's not like they can do anything with these guns to their skulls!

            I scanned through everyone's faces. They were sitting in one line, the girls to the right, and the guys to the left. Tears didn't leave Samilia's eyes. Natallie was whispering something to her, probably to calm her down. She looked more collected than Samilia. Adam was sitting next to them with an expression I've never seen before. Was it hatred or anger? I couldn't really determine. I could just see that he was extremely uncomfortable with being helpless just like I was. Mike, on the other hand didn't stop arguing and fighting. The gangster behind him had to smack him with the grip of the pistol several times to shut him up. Jamal and Malik were standing in front of everyone.

"How about you leave them alone and deal with me?! After all, I am the one indebted to you!" I stood up and yelled to Malik.

"Sammy is finally takin' responsibility!" someone mocked to my right. I looked beside me to see a slightly built man who didn't look much older than Jamal. He wasn't wearing like the rest of the gangsters, and now that I think of it, he does have something in common with Jamal. I couldn't really put my hand on it though.

"Shut up, Demarco! You ain't messin' around no one when I'm here," Malik frowned approaching us. Who was that Demarco? The gangster beside Demarco nodded his head in respect and stepped aside upon seeing his boss. 

 "Fine, boss," Demarco replied.

"As for you sweetie, your family wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for you, so you either come with me or choose someone else for the job," Malik said standing in front of me.

 "Fine, I'm coming with you," I said.

"You think it yo choice?!" Demarco replied.

"Demarco! I ain't repeating myself," Malik scolded.

"Sorry, Pops," he smirked. What did he just call him?! Malik glared at Demarco. "Sorry, boss," Demarco's adjusted his words.

"Why did you change your mind?" Malik grinned turning to me.

"I just did. Now please excuse me. I need to go get myself some clothes and other necessities." I took a couple of steps but was interrupted by Demarco who gripped my arm and pulled me backwards.

"Where you think you goin'?!" he demanded.

"What do you think you're doin'?!" Jamal interrupted freeing my arm from Demarco's grip and pushing him away. "You ain't no messing with her again, Demaro!" he hissed. Ookay, isn't he a spy? Why is he being protective of me now? I was growing confused by the minute. Malik didn't react much, and I was starting to lose my mind.

Demarco laughed taking Jamal lightly. "Chill, brother! You should be on our side! Sorry, my bad, I forgot that love blinds."

"What is going on?" I whispered more to myself as I glanced over at the three guys.

"You see, babe, mister Jamal over here, he been hidin' many things, right, brotha?" Demarco smirked. Jamal's face twisted with anger.

"Boys!" Malik yelled. "Stay with them folks over there until I get done with this. Demarco, keep yo eye on Jamal, and you ain't no fightin'."