THIRTEEN

JOEY

i think christmas songs were sometimes like this addictive drug between the day of thanksgiving and the first day of january

i think christmas songs were sometimes like this addictive drug between the day of thanksgiving and the first day of january. at least they were for me because whenever they were on, i could not get them out of my head. which was my singing to myself was ten times more abundant during this holiday. either way i believed it was beginning to bug the others but i was too oblivious to care. "so we're leaving today." grayson tells me as i frown when being faced with this factor.

"please don't remind me, i'm going to miss you guys so much." i whine when having my hands dirty from the waffles i was making but the man still lets me wrap my arms around his waist as i place my head against his chest. his heartbeat making noises throughout my ear. "you're heart is the like the little drummer boy." i state as there is silence before i begin to sing the song as he chuckles when pulling apart. his eyes on the waffles i'm making as he sighs.

"what time are you guys leaving?" i question now when i fill up the maker with more batter as he leans on the counter.

"like at two in the morning. should be fun." he says sarcastically as i grin when i shake my head. however suddenly the realization of the gift i had for him as i gasp now. i wipe my hands over my apron as i go the christmas tree and pick up the box i had wrapped.

"joey, no you did not get me a gift." he says now with a bright smile as i scoff now. his palms holding onto to it now as i nod.

"of course, i did. why wouldn't i?" i voice as he grins. his hand patting the item as he chuckles.

"good because i got you one too."

"alright well open mine first." i insist as he nods when going to rip apart the patterned wrapping paper. the box inside becomes opened as he reaches for the article of clothing on the inside. his eyes staring with awe as he begins to laugh.

"oh my god, you did not." he shouts as i smile promptly and quite proudly at my good idea. his hands hold up the leather jacket that was similar yet different to another one he had. instead this one had small things i had stitched in on the front of it to customize the jacket. this consisted of some his favorite tattoos designs that were now on the leather. along with the aesthetic he had loved. it had to do with him as he begins to point them out with admiration for them. "these are all amazing. and you did all of this, it literally looks like you bought it from a brand." he says as i chuckle before moving his hand aside and opening it up to the inside of the collar where only he could see it.

"wait look at this." i inform when showing him the white thread where i had sewn the words, hold it all in hottie, a 'code name' i had given him and the first real thing i had spoken to him about. he suddenly lets the surprising factors slip away as he places down the item when pulling me in tight hug. it even lets him pick me up from the ground when he spins me around.