EIGHT

JOEY

"morning, gray." i say softly when sitting at the island placed in the kitchen. it has been the next morning and a plate of scrambled eggs with toast had sat in front of me as well a grayson who had stood by the stove with an unamused gaze. my eyes were drawn to not giving him direct eye contact for so long and for that i clear my throat. "you know in my class we have this thing that we like to pass around whenever something is wrong." i say just as calmly as i scavenge through my bag as i pull out the item.

this being a stick that i decorated with different braided fabrics and some beads. "it's a feeling stick and what you do is whenever you're holding it, you say how you feel." i state when holding onto the stick as i take a quiet breath. "see, so since i'm holding the stick i would say that i feel like i want to know how you're feeling." i say with a faint grin as i pass him the stick with some hope he would like it.

however that seemed to not be the case as he reaches for it, holds it to then rip it in half. he slams it on the island as silence follows until i nod. "well lucky for me, that's not the first time
someone broke my feelings stick." i confirm when rummaging for the other one as i pull out a much smaller piece of wood. "i have a travel size one." i continue with a grin as grayson smiles too now yet it seems more fake then genuine.

"yeah no." he informs when beginning to walk away as i follow him out the door and into the elevator as i holler his name. "what is it joey? what do you want from me?"

"i don't want things to be weird, you know? i saw you naked and that's it." i say with plead now as we descend down a floor and become accompanied with someone else. we smile at him for a moment before i add on to my words. "i think it's great that you dance naked in your room to the 1975. it's good for confidence and your sexual mindset." i whisper causing him to widen his eyes as the man beside us gives us a look as i glance over to him. when the elevator door opens grayson walks out as i follow him.

"i can't even look at myself anymore without hearing your scream laugh thing. that stupid noise." he hollers when suddenly sliding through the closing elevator door as he leaves me alone. my groaning evident now as i rush to the stairs and run back up a floor to be faced with the doors opening once more. when he sees my face he whines as i step inside.

"i didn't mean for that to happen, okay? i think you're very healthy and you have those abs too. you're nice, grayson." i compliment as he cringes now when stepping out the elevator to run back inside the house as i still linger behind with more anger now. "listen i'm just trying to have a mature conversation with you, gray!" that lets the man stop in his tracks as he turns around before descending into his room.

"really mature? you can't even say the word penis." he states as i scoff now when placing my hands on my hips in the process.

"yes i can." i say not so convincingly as grayson laughs softly when crossing his arms.