Chapter 27: The Reflection, Relieved.

The land was hot and unbearable. Everything was dry and sweltering, How was he even going to find his way out? One way was empty and barren, and another way was just the same... He has no hope of getting out.

Sasuke felt his body give out to the heat, falling over onto his knees. However, he felt a sudden weight lift himself off his feet to support his body, "We'll get out, Sasuke-Chan." the person says, surprising Sasuke completely. Wasn't she supposed be sealed away?

"Nekobaka?" Sasuke questions, seeing his childhood friend helping him walk.

She laughed at the nickname, "What happened to Koneko-kun? You didn't mind saying when I was being sealed away." She joked around in around to find a small light in the situation, "I would get us out of here... but my ability has a larger cooldown compared to Kaguya. If we can get to the root time space..."

That statement caused the duo to go quiet, and Koneko took that as a cue to continue walking as she healed Sasuke.

Sasuke took a deep breath, "...thank you." He muttered, holding his head down.

"It's nothing, I mean I'm one of the only people to get us out of here-"

"No...for everything." he said, causing Koneko to jump, "For protecting me and being there... You know- ...just forget about it."

Koneko laughed quietly at his attempt of thanking her, "Seriously, it's fine. After all..." she nudged his side a bit to gesture at Sasuke to finish her phrase.

He looked at her for a moment before letting out a small chuckle in defeat, "Because I have you... Nekobaka." He said, trailing off his sentence on purpose.

"With the Nekobaka stuff again? Just call me Koneko-kun or Koneko." She chided, enjoying their little talk as they were stuck. It reminded them heavily of their childhood, but the roles were always reversed. Koneko looked at Sasuke before looking away with a small smile on her face, "Even Kyoko is fine."

Sasuke visualized as he would support Koneko as they would walk back home together as she easily got sick after training for a long time, "You really have to be more careful, Koneko-kun!" child Sasuke would scold child Koneko as she had felt faint during training.

"It's nothing serious..." she pouted, holding onto Sasuke tightly, "You were there to help Koneko!"

However as he visualized this scene, another one had appeared in his mind.

They were staring at the stars from his engawa, admiring their beautiful glow. Child Sasuke saw the moonlight gently reflect child Koneko's face and smiled brightly, "When we're older, let's get married!" He said, confusing Koneko. He felt like his offended her and explained, "Nii-san always says that we're going to married anyways whenever he's with Misaki-San... so I thought-"

"Koneko doesn't mind!" Child Koneko cheerfully agreed, holding onto his hands, "As long as Koneko has you, she doesn't mind getting married!"

"Let's get married." Sasuke said, his voice almost syncing up with his childhood memory.

Koneko almost drops him at his sudden proposal. At first, she speechless and didn't even think Sasuke would ask her such a question with such horrible timing. Then, she brushed it off as a joke, "You might have worse timing than my dad. Funny joke."

"Nekobaka-" He was going tell her the truth, but at the same time, a portal opened up a couple feet in front of them and the voices of Obito and Sakura could be heard. Koneko notices Obito's struggle, so she throws Sasuke ahead which put him in range for his mangekyo's ability.

"Koneko!" Obito shouted, seeing the portal close with her still in the world. He clenched his teeth in pain, "We have to go again!"

"That's a bit unnecessary." a voice behind them said causing all of them to turn around and there she was exiting her own portal. She opened another one, showing the icy terrain that the others were in, "I can open portals a lot quick here, hurry and get through." She said, allowing the three to jump through.