Chapter 18: Breaking Rules

Prince's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at me with disgust. He shot up like a rocket and in one booming voice yelled, "That's an order!"

My heart broke.

I stared at his back as he slammed the door shut.

"Oh boy." Clarisse puffed.

"Why would he let her off the mission?" Felix thought.

"I know, Trish is known for getting back on track." Clarisse thought.

D.C walked into the conference room and looked like a cloud of rain was over his head. Felix and Clarisse looked at each other trying to decide if it was safe or not to ask the question. Felix cleared his throat and posed the question.

 Felix started running out of the conference room while Clarisse stood there baffled at what was happening.

"Don't ask me that question!" Prince yelled he turned to Clarisse.

"Got something to say?" He asked.

She shook her head no.

"Spade is currently right here. His drug trade starts in Beijing to New Delhi, and crosses Europe at London. The part where we come in is at three o clock. There going to be an exchange at the Eiffel Tower where were going to be." Prince explained.

All of them listened intently.

"Once we break that exchange Spade is going to follow us all the way to London and from London were going to Beijing where the final battle occurs." Prince stared at them intently.

Felix let out a breath of air.

"This sucks." I slide down my chair in Jeremy's office.

"Cheer up, pal. Yes. He's the new D.C but I'm pretty sure he made a good call this time." Jeremy tapped away.

"But this is my mission. I was assigned to it for a reason." I place my head on his shoulder in frustration. 

Oblivious to this Jeremy kept on tapping away and I sat there with my chin on his shoulder annoying him like any good sister would do.

D.C opened the door and stared at me. It wasn't until Jeremy got up throwing my chin off his shoulder that I noticed.

"D.C, I have the maps ready. The cars and jets are on their way." He said.

I rubbed my chin. 

Ignoring this D.C sat next to me.

"Hey." He said softly.

Oh, now he's nice.

"Yes, sir, D.C." I say.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. When I flinched he picked me up and carried me all the way outside where no one was around as Jeremy stared with his jaw dropped. Prince still held me as we passed everyone in the offices. I tried to push him but he was so strong. Once we got outside he put me down and I practically wanted to scream at him.

"I don't know why I did that. I just wanted to talk to you alone. Trish, I don't know how to say this but I love you a lot. I don't know why but when I met you I just did. I don't like it when you call me D.C, okay? I like it when you call me Prince and when you call me dumb and when you roll your eyes at me and when you laugh at my jokes and when you call me stupid. But when you got hurt out there I pulled out of the mission so you wouldn't get hurt again. I thought you were going to die so I-and I hate when you're talking to other guys and I hate when you put your head on Jeremy's shoulder and not mine and- he stopped.