crushes and chivalry

JIN's POV

After our broadcast we ended up playing truth or dare Jenga. Nina thought it was a good idea to turn it into a drinking game. I found myself responding so enthusiastically that Jimin called me out for it. I didn't know how I'm really into Nina. She acts like she doesn't care, maybe she does. I don't know. That's what attracts me the most I guess. She's cute but she's kind. I hope she can cook though. It was my turn to ask her. I wanted to ask her to go on a date with me really bad but I don't want her to think I'm rushing into dating her. I had ta game plan. I was making a mental list of questions of what I wanted to ask her.

Truths:

1. What do you look for in a guy?

2. Do you cook? What are your hobbies?

3. Are you single?

Dare:

1. I dare you to go on a date with me.

I don't know how exactly the game would end up but I hope she'd agree to go on a date with me. I moved my bangs and asked her what was she looking for in a guy.

"Honestly..." she started off

"someone who's fun," I'm fun

"kind," I'm sure as hell kind as well,

"caring." check.

"Someone who is funny, even with lame and corny jokes," I'M GOING TO WIN HER OVER WITH MY DAD JOKES

"someone who can cook as well! I love home-cooked meals." HELLO I COOK!!!!

"Basically a family man." she finished. BINGO. I'm her ideal man! I was so ecstatic that I was blushing. The guys started teasing Nina and I and I was lowkey really into it. Her phone rang and I tried to catch a glimpse of who it was. The name said Ameer and showed a picture of Nina and a guy kissing her cheek. Wait, does she have a boyfriend? I asked myself. But Nina didn't mind when the guys started teasing me with her.

"Hey baby" she said to her phone. Right then and there my heart cracked. Wow. It hurts. She then excused herself and went back to her apartment.

The guys looked at me and my mouth was slightly open.

"It's okay hyung, there are a lot of other girls." Taehyung tried to comfort me.

"No, I actually really like her and you guys knew that. I thought she was single. She didn't show her boyfriend in her videos" I said sadly. I started drinking the entire bottles of liquor. My heart still hurts. The guys started to go back to their rooms to call it a night while Hoseok and Taehyung stayed behind.

"Eh Hobi-hyung don't drink you might get drunk." Taehyung said.

"Jin-hyung is heartbroken, I'll show him support by taking a few shots." He said before gulping down another shot. After that one he was speaking nonsense.

The following morning I woke up with a pain still in my heart. I'm gonna get to see Nina today and I can't do anything because she has a boyfriend.

The guys and I were having breakfast so we go to the studio together and rehearse. I was watching Nina's old videos. None of them involved a boyfriend or even mentioning that she has a boyfriend. I was eating breakfast Jimin and Hoseok bought. Suga sat beside.

"She has a boyfriend you know." he said.

"I know, I just found out last night. But it doesn't mean I can't have a crush on her." I said.

My focus was directed towards my phone.

"I'm currently at the Singapore Food Festival alone but I'm going to meet up with a few friends and none of them are picking up." Nina said. She was then showing a montage of the food aisles and her trying to call her friends.

"YAY Ameer's picking up! Sia la! Where are you! I'm here-lah come quick, Okay bye." She then looked into her camera "So I won't be eating alone now." she said. the clip was cut and it was transitioned to a clip of Nina and Ameer, her boyfriend. They were being cute and fun and I was extremely jealous. The video was dated two years ago though. They were eating so much food and Ameer was taking polaroids of Nina and of them together. I skipped until the end of the video until she what looks like a pub with Ameer but with a few more people. Thank God.

"Say hi to the vlog guys!" she said before pointing it to her friends.

"I'm gonna end the vlog here. See you tomorrow. Bye!" She said before the vlog ended.

I read through the comments and people were commenting asking if Nina and Ameer were a couple. There were fan accounts of her that commented that Nina is single and that she isn't dating anyone. Maybe she keeps her relationships secret? I like her even more now.

As we made our way to the rehearsal halls I was walking really fast so I can see Nina. I checked the room where the staff usually stays but she wasn't there. Taehyung walked past by me and said

"Jin-hyung, Nina is here but she looked like she'd been crying." Taehyung walked away and did aegyo for the film crew.

I wanted to see her but we started rehearsing but after a while Nina came in. Taehyung was right. She wasn't her usual bubbly self. She looked tired, her eyes were red and puffy but she's still cute.

"Hey Nina," Hoseok called before sitting down beside her. I was trying to eavesdrop on their conversation without getting caught. I pretended I was busy on my phone.

"So, how'd you guys do after I left last night?" Nina asked

"I think I'm still hungover." Hoseok complained. I hope Hoseok won't tell Nina that I was sad that she had a boyfriend.

"How'd the rest of your night go?" he asked. Thank God.

"Umm." Nina replied. I to steal a glance. Nina looks like she was about to cry. Seeing her like this makes my heart break even more.

"Don't want to talk about it." she said. She had us take photos and then airdropped them to her phone.

I walked up to Nina. I hope she won't get awkward with me.

"Nini, are you alright?" I asked.

She was quiet. She didn't answer me, she just looked at me and shook her head.

She left and we resumed rehearsing. I couldn't focus because I'm thinking about Nina. I hope she was okay. Did something happen between her and Ameer? I can't wait for rehearsals to end.

She came and she was talking to Manager Sejin. I tried to catch her attention but she wasn't looking at me. She was crying and Manager Sejin was comforting her.

The rehearsals went on for a few more hours until we were done for the day. I didn't see Nina during lunch break as well.

"Hey Yoongi, have you seen Nina?" I asked.

"How should I know?" He responded.

"I'm just asking."

After a while, during rehearsals Nina came into the room and started taking pictures of us again, this time using a camera. After we were told we can leave the guys cheered. They all were fixing their bags and asked where'd they eat. I went to Nina she was sitting on the floor scanning photos.

"Hey again," I said before I sat beside her.

"Hi." She responded.

"I'm sorry if you're uncomfortable with me and I apologise if the guys stepped out of line when they tease us." I said.

"No, it's not that it's just---" She was cut off

"HEY JIN-HYUNG LET'S GO EAT!" Namjoon said. "Nina, come on you can join us." He said. Nina smiled politely and looked at me as if telling me she wants to stay behind.

"I'll catch up. Text me where you eat" I told Namjoon. He gave a thumbs up before exiting the door.

"No, it's alright. You can go ahead." she told me.

"Look Nina, I know you're hurting. I hope you'd let me help you." I told her.

She looks at me and she cries into my chest. I did nothing but to let her cry while rubbing her back.