feeling better and small talks

"Look Nina, I know you're hurting. I hope you'd let me help you." Jin said. He was sitting on the floor with me. Half of the lights in the studio were turned off because we were the only ones left.

I looked at Jin and just burst into tears. I cried into his chest and he just didn't say anything. He was just rubbing my back to comfort me.

I was just crying for a while. Once I felt slightly better I backed up from his chest.

"Thank you. I needed that." I told him. I stood up and offered my hand to help him. He grabbed my hand as a support.

"Don't worry Nini. I won't force you to tell me what happened." He said as he put his hand on the small of my back. He grabbed his bag and I fixed mine and both of us exited the building.

"Aren't you grabbing food with the rest of the guys?" I asked.

"I'll tell them to bring me a take-away." He said. He smiled at me and we went back to their apartment.

"Do you mind if I hang out a bit here?" I asked him. He was fine and we both sat in their backyard.

"Ameer and I broke up last night." I said quietly. I took out my pack of menthols and offered Jin one. He declined. "Is it okay if I smoke?" I asked again. He nodded.

"It wasn't a bad break-up. We didn't hate each other." I said before taking a long drag.

"He didn't cheat." I said as I blew out the smoke.

"I didn't cheat." I told him.

"SEOKJINNIE-HYUNG!!" A voice called out.

"Out here!" Jin called out.

It was Jungkook and the rest of the guys. They were carrying plastic bags of what looked like food. They made their way towards us and also sat themselves down. Yoongi sat beside me and I offered him my menthols. I took one and he took out his lighter and lighted his smoke.

"I'm sorry if the smoke bothers you guys." I apologized.

"We're used to it by now because of Yoongi." Namjoon said.

"Saying it out loud makes it feel more real you know?" I asked Jin. He just nodded in silence.

"Honestly we still love each other and I guess that's why it hurts the most." I said.

"You and Ameer---" Yoongi started but I cut him off

"We broke up last night." I said. Tears didn't fall this time as I said it.

"4 years." I said. "We would be going into our 5th year in 3 months and he was going to visit me." I sounded so pathetic as I said that. "We love each other so much that we broke up. Doesn't it sound stupid?" I asked. The guys responses were mixed.

"I don't think that's stupid at all." Taehyung said. "No matter how long you've been together. Long distance is hard."

"I know. At first it was fun and new for us. Like he'd call me before I'd go to bed and it was early in the morning for him but the both of us had gotten busy." I told them. "He also got into this amazing media company for a summer internship and I didn't want to be the reason that he couldn't chase his dreams." I sighed. I took out my phone and showed them one of the first photos of me and Ameer. It was a photo of us wearing a party hat and blowing the candles on my cake together.

"This was 12 years ago, this was during my 11th birthday party. They just moved in next to us so my mom invited them. I didn't have many friends and he was shy so I told him that we could blow out the candles together." I smiled at the memory. "We became best friends but we didn't really date until we were 18. It was your classic best friends turned couples stories. Before we started liking each other romantically, we'd set up each other on blind dates. A good amount of those dates failed and on my 18th birthday he told me he liked me." I said.