Chapter Thirty Four

I followed Cole outside the room with Dylan behind me. It's a good thing their parents are not here or else, they'll hear our arguments.

"Cole, stop please", I pleadingly stopped him and he finally stopped and turned around.

"Don fucking tell me it's not what it looks like", he stated as I took a breath first.

"I'm sorry, Cole", I said to him, trying to hold his hands but he won't let me.

"You're sorry? How long did you have this relationship with my brother, the person I specifically told you to stay away from?", he questioned, totally understanding where he's coming from. I didn't even know what to reply because even if the truth is out, I am still scared to tell him everything especially tonight because he would be mad than ever but I have no choice because I started this lie, I should fix and take the courage to take any bullets.

"Man, you can't dictate whom she should be with", Dylan stated, putting his hand on Cole's shoulder.

"Shut up. We both know you're not the guy he deserve. Didn't you tell her about Steph?", Cole retorted by removing Dylan's hand and pushing him away.

I looked at Dylan and he looked speechless. I sighed, thinking that he wouldn't speak because of that stupid taboo word.

"I don't care about his past, Cole. Hear me out first", I said in behalf of Dylan, not really sure if I mean about not caring about Dylan's past particularly when it involves that Steph girl.

"Tell me that the time I got mad at you for hanging out with Dylan is nonsense because you're not doing anything behind my back? Tell me that everytime I suspect the two of you that you're right that nothing is going on? Tell me that for months, you stayed away from him and this was the only time you gave in. If yes then, I'll forgive you", he blurted that made me speechless because his sarcasm was right. I lied to him over and over again when he given me the chance to be honest with him over and over again.

"Hey, Cole...", Lili arrived as she looked at us, knowing and realizing the situation that the tables are all out.

"I know I'm being dramatic but you don't know how I felt during those months. I felt guilty accusing you that you're not just playing video games with Dylan, I felt guilty when you get mad to me because I'm being irrational of telling you to stay away from him when you're claiming you're not... Yes, I told you to fucking stay away from him and yes, I would be mad if you still went out with him but atleast, you should have told me because I'll get it over soon and take it that I have no right but for you to fucking lie to my face that nothing's going on when I felt so guilty for not trusting my best friend, that is just fucked up and I don't think I can fucking let it go", he spitted as I just kept on crying because I don't know what to do or say but to apologize but he's right. I let him feel like shit for months because of this lie and I get mad at him for his accusations which are really true.

"I'm sorry, Cole", I apologized again.

"How could you look in the eyes of a guy who trusted you and tell me that I got nothing to worry about?", he said, looking intensely at my eyes and I just don't know what to do.

"Stop it, Cole. It's not her fault, I was the one who told her to keep it a secret from you", Dylan went between us so the tension between Cole and I will be cut off.

"No, you should stop. You're just going to hurt her", Cole pushed Dylan as I held on to Dylan to stop him from taking his revenge as Lili also held on to Cole to stop him.

"I love her, Cole", Dylan confessed but Cole just chuckled.

"Love? If you really love, you should have stayed away from her. Remember you told me that you love Steph but what did you do? You fucking cheat on her and left her. ", Cole just revealed a big part of the big Steph mystery. I'll deal it with later but for now, resolving my issue with him is much more important.

I also trust Dylan so much that I think he has a reason why he did such though it is not excuse for cheating and if ever he has none, I believe he changed and he won't do it again. That's why Cole has been stingy about me staying away from Dylan because Cole got cheated on with his last girlfriend that's why he generally hates cheaters.

"Cole, let's go outside", Lili told Cole as I assume she felt Cole was staying over the line.

"Wait, you knew about this?", Cole questioned as Lili stayed silent "Wow, my best friend, my girlfriend and my twin brother just lied to me for months. Really?"

"Wait, Cole. Don't include Lili, she kept it as a secret because I told her to do so." I defended Lili. I don't want Cole to be mad at her too because she had done nothing wrong. I should have been honest with him when Lili figured it out but I didn't because I'm a coward.

"No, you could tell me. I told you how guilty I felt during those times and you often scold me when I suspect something about Dylan and Jas. You told me that they're just friends" Cole looked betrayed and I don't know what to do. Lili approached him but he just shrugged her off.

"I can't tell you because I have no right to tell you. It should come from Jassy and she was just scared and plucking up the courage to tell you", Lili explained but Cole's not buying it.

"Wow so it's my fault that she got scared? It's my fault now?", Cole groaned in frustration.

"That's not what I meant", Lili shouted.

"Okay, last question before this bullshit ends. Have you...?", Cole asked me as tears fall nonstop now and faster now because I know I really fucked up. I promised Cole that I would tell him my first time, not in details but I should tell him beforehand so he could assure that I'm not doing the biggest mistake of my life. I know he doesn't really have a say but I promised him and I just gave my first to the guy he never approved of.

"Cole, I love him", these words were the only reply I can think of to justify what I did.

"Jasmine, that's not love, it's only temporary because one of these days, Dylan would find someone better in bed and just leave you", Cole spat as Dylan quickly punched Cole, making him fall to the ground. I quickly approached Dylan to grab him and stop him and Lili went over to Cole.

"I would never do that to her", Dylan shouted, pointing at Cole as I tried to push him away.

"And yes, the world believed in your words but not me so don't fucking come to me when he decided to back out of his words, Jassy. And Jassy, I'll only forgive you if you break up with that asshole" Cole stood up, pushing Lili's hands off him then walked away.

I tried to follow him but Dylan stopped me.

"I got to talk to him and clear Lili's name.", I said, not even caring anymore if he'll forgive me because all I want is him to forgive Lili. I don't want him to lose Lili because of me.

"Let him be tonight, Jassy. He won't listen to us because he's still mad", Dylan tried to calm me down but I was still trying to break off from Dylan's grip to follow Cole.

"I know but Lili..." I said as Lili cut me off.

"It's okay and Dylan is right. Cole needs to cool off first", she smiled at me as I approached her and gave her a hug.

"I'm sorry if you were drag into this", I cried to her.

"Hey, you didn't even know I knew it back then. Also, it's my choice for keeping it a secret", she tried to defend me but who is she kidding, I am still in fault. I caused this. I should have been honest with Cole and not let Lili into this.

Lili went back inside, leaving me and Dylan.

"Dylan, I think it's best if Lili and I stay together tonight. Cole wouldn't like it if we leave his girlfriend alone", I said to Dylan as he held me. He wiped off my tears, giving me a kiss upon my forehead.

"It's okay but will you be alright?", he looked at me and even if I'm not, I have to say yes so he would let me stay with Lili.

"I'll be fine. See you tomorrow, okay?", I smiled at him and gave him a kiss on his cheeks.

"I love you"

"I love you", I said and followed Lili afterwards. I want to be in his arms tonight but let's face it, I don't deserve anyone right now. It's all my fault. Dylan also didn't want to keep this a secret from Cole but it was I who convinced him not to so basically, it was I who started the lie and who hurt everyone that got involved.