Chapter Forty Three

It's been two weeks now and I am so happy that the semester is finally over. It has been an eventful semester for me with the drama and all and I am just relieved that my studies weren't affected. We will get our grades next week but I think I did well.

So in literature, Dylan and I did a very good job according to our professor on our final presentation on how literature can save your life. Other than that, I also aced my final exams in the other subjects and also on Cole and I's final project on one of our classes. It was awkward working with Cole on that one because he just talks to me whenever it's necessary or he needs help but I'm glad that he's slowly communicating with me again though I doubt we'll return to the best of friends type of thing. However, Lili convinced me otherwise and told me that Cole might forgive me one of these days. She also told me that he doesn't want to push Cole that much but she can tell that Cole is suffering as much as I am in our now cold war so he would probably come around sooner or later.

Dylan and I's relationship is okay. But we had an argument once because I once rejected him when he tried to touch me. It's not like it's a sexual harrassment kind of thing but even though I miss his touch, I get glimpses of Cole when he found out we were lying behind his back and then, I feel guilty. He got mad not because I rejected but because I won't tell him the reason and he felt like I don't want him anymore. But we later resolved the issue and I assured him that I love him so much but I just don't feel like doing those things or having sex or anything like that. He later let it go and just cuddled with me after the argument.

We also talked about I shifting majors/course. He was supportive of my decision and we looked into different universities and tried to choose closest to our university now. I want to stay here but when I talked to the chancellor, he told me that he can't guarantee that I will still maintain my scholarship and if ever I will have another one, it's not the same as the old one and I can't simply afford the expenses. My mom told me that she would be in charge of it but I don't want some help from her because with Joseph on medical school, Nicholas on law school and Frankie soon to be a college student, I bet she can't afford that plus if ever she can't, I know she'll ask from my dad in which I don't want to happen. I also know that my dad was faking about loving me and shit so I don't want to take something from him or else he might use it against me.

Today, I received a text message from Cole telling me to meet him at the diner. I texted Dylan that I would be meeting Cole for lunch so he doesn't have to wait for me. When I arrived at the diner, Cole was there with our orders already on the table.

"Hi", I greeted as I sat down.

"I ordered our usual if it's still our usual", he said and I smilingly nodded at him. "Look, I want to apologize first"

"You don't have to apologize. I should be the one and you just need to forgive me if you want to", I told him as he shook his head.

"No, I need to apologize for meddling with your love life. First of all, I was the one who introduced to you to Dylan and practically caused the panty incident", he explained as my eyes widen. Dylan told him everything and I'm going to kill him for that.

"Also, it was wrong for me to assume Dylan would cheat on you based on his past. And it was wrong for me not to hear Dylan's side on what happened back then with Steph. I didn't trust my own brother but he explained everything so I understood. At first, I didn't believe at him but I lost it when he told me he genuinely loves you. I'm really sorry, Jassy and also because I kept my pride and threw away my best friend just like that", he admitted as I went to his side and hugged him.

"I'm sorry too for everything. Now, we can go back on being Cole and Jassy, hmm?", I proposed but he surprisingly shook his head.

"I don't think that's possible. I think it's best if we stay out of each other's business", he stated as I frowned. I thought everything will be alright but I guess this is the only thing I wished for is for him to forgive me so even though I'm disappointed, it's okay because I deserve it.