Compelled (Klaus and Lucien) Alternate ending

You sobbed as you wondered around the streets out of New Orleans. You had no money, no where to go. You just wanted to curl into a ball and die. You felt so betrayed, he hadn't even stopped for a moment to hear you out!

He'd promised you forever and now forever had come to an end. No more Y/n and Klaus. No little family, no...

Your hand drifted to your stomach as it suddenly churned, you began vomiting on the side of the road.
----------------------
Klaus rubbed the lingering tears from his eyes and his daughter frowned from her spot on his lap.

"Why you crying?" She murmured, placing her small hand on his face.

"Oh, no, sweetheart," Klaus forced a smile, "Daddy's just got some dust in his eyes, don't you worry about me."

Hope frowned and looked around the room to see that nothing was cleaned, dirty clothes lying on the floor. A worn out shirt laying on the other side on the bed.

"Y/n?" Hope asked, her head tilted to the side.

"....," Klaus couldn't think of what to say, "Y/n's gone away for a little while, darling."

"Oh," Hope frowned, "She come back soon?"

"I don't know, Hope," Klaus choked out.

He thought back to that night. She had begged for him to hear her out.

Then it clicked. Lucien was a clever bastard, he had so many tricks up his sleeve, so what if this was one of them. He needed to find Y/n.

Klaus grabbed Hope to drop her off to Hayley, he needed to get some answers.
----------------------------

You sat on the bench, probably looking like some homeless person. Your head swayed, you started to feel darkness take over, it was cold, so so cold. Your body began to go numb, your will to live began to fade, what was life without love? What was life without Nik.

You fell into a sleep that would have lead to death if you weren't swept into the arms of another.

Klaus had memorised your heartbeat, he had used to listen to it on mights he was unable to fall asleep, he used this skill to track you. As he got closer he began to call out your name but you didn't answer. He frowned as he heard another weak heartbeat alongside yours.

And then both began to fade, he ran as fast as he could and he saw you there. Laying on a park bench, covered in your on tears and puke. He picked you up into his arms not even bothering to think about what the extra heartbeat meant.