R.E.M

𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘳.𝘦.𝘮 𝘣𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘨𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘩 𝘧𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨

 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨

today was the day i'd be performing on jimmy fallon for the second time. this performance was more nerve wrecking than the first one.

i was performing my new single "r.e.m" for the first time. the song is about billie and i's relationship. we had kept our relationship private until now. since i was performing a song that was about her, i thought this would be a good time to debut our relationship.

the support was surreal. billie and i's team were both here ready to root for us. i couldn't even be in the same room as her, i was too excited and happy.

i was like a little kid who knew they were about to get loads of candy. i was getting ready for the performance. i was wearing a silver satin two piece with a diamond choker with cream pumps. can't even lie, i looked super cute!

i had a long slicked back curly ponytail and i was ready to whip it back and forth. i don't doubt that bil and i would have fun tonight.

and this beat down! my makeup artist, lana really came though. i rarely wear makeup but this makes me wanna wear it more. it's just...i would never do it myself.

"hey sweetheart, you're on in 3 minutes!" one of the staff yelled. i nodded and started to put my pumps on. i assume that they've said the same to billie. i'm already nervous and i'm not even on the side of the the stage.

i walked out of my room and walked down the hallway to the side of the stage. billie followed behind me. i immediately attached my hand to hers.

we made our way to the side of the stage and she consoled me and squeezed my hands. ah, i'm so in love with her.

"you're gonna do great baby, don't even worry about it," she said before giving me a kiss.

"as you guys know, y/f/n is here today! she just came out with 'r.e.m' just today. it's her television debut and we could not be more excited to have her here on the show! give it up for y/f/n!" exclaimed jimmy. the audience were screaming so loud i was trying so hard not to cheese too much.

i went up to the microphone stand and wrapped my hands around the mic. i closed my eyes and waited for the instrumental.

i did a little dance to the opening and began to sing.

mhmm, last night, girl, i met you, yeah
when i was asleep (asleep)
you're such a dream to me, mmm woah

i started getting in my element. i was getting more comfortable and i knew billie would come out soon.