Reece Bibby Imagine! AU

Reece's P.O.V

I'm genuinely so nervous today. I'm auditioning for this Broadway musical called "Hamilton". Lin Manuel-Miranda is such a genius and he'll play Alexander Hamilton. This isn't my first audition for a Broadway musical, but I get nervous every time. Sometimes I get the part, other times I'm not so lucky. My family has been very supportive that they let me move here in New York to pursue my dreams; to be a Broadway star.

I've been bullied a lot because of that dream of mine, but I kept going and didn't mind them. After all, they're just jealous of me, because I actually have talent and they don't. Oops, my inner Rachel Berry is showing (a/n: if you know who she is, I love you a lot).

I've had relationships before, but they're not as successful as I hoped it to be. Plus, they weren't supportive of this dream of mine. They didn't know how much this means to me. Anyway, now I'm as single as I'll ever be, but I hope I get to find the right girl for me. My mum keeps asking when I'll give her a grandchild. Obviously Lexi, my little sister, can't have one yet because she's young. I, however, am not ready and I have so many things to do in my life. I'm just enjoying it before I prepare myself to settle down.

I'm at Richard Rogers Theatre right now for the audition. I'm auditioning for ______. As I'm rehearsing my lines, I hear a voice that sounded so angelic, I thought it was my conscience.

"Excuse me...coming through...excuse me." the voice says.

I turn to look at the person who owns the voice and damn. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I hope she auditions too. 

"Um, excuse me? Your kinda blocking my way." the voice chuckles. I snap back to reality and realize that she's talking to me. I blush and say, "Oh, um..I'm sorry." I step back and she smiles.

"That's okay. I'll just be going to the restroom anyway. See ya!" she chuckles and leaves to go to the restroom.

A minute later, she comes back from the restroom and smiles at me. "Are you auditioning too?" I ask. She nods and smiles. "Cool! Who are you auditioning for?" I ask again.

"I'm auditioning for Angelica. Hopefully, I get the part. This is my first audition. I'm so scared." she smiles nervously.

Wow. She's perfect for me. A girl with the same dream as me. This is rare. I need to ask her out. Just as I was about to ask for her number, I get called. 

"Oh my god, that's me." I say in shock.

"Really?! Good luck!" she smiles. "Tell me how it goes after."

I nod and go on stage to audition.

-the audition was brought to you by Reece's new hoodie-

I finish my audition and someone else is called in. The girl, whose name I haven't asked yet, comes up to me and smiles. "So, how did it go?" she asks.

I tell her all about it and she seems to calm down. I help her rehearse her lines and make some small talk to ease her nerves.

"Y/N Y/L/N!!" a voice calls.

"Oh my gosh. That's me! Will you wait for me?" she asks, hopefully.

"Of course! I'll be here when you get back. Good luck!" I smile as she smiles back and goes on stage.

A few minutes later, she runs to me and gives me a hug. 

"Oh wow!" I chuckle and hug back. "I'm guessing it went well?"

She pulls away and beams, "Yup! Since you really helped me today, do you want to go out for some coffee? Or are you doing anything after this?"

Holy shit she's asking me out.

"I'm free. I just moved here so, it would be nice to have someone show me around." I smile.

"Well, you're lucky I know my way around. I was born and raised here." she smiles.

"I'm Reece, by the way." I say to her as we walk out the theatre together.

"I'm Y/N." she smiles. "Cute name." I smirk as she blushes.

"Put in your number on my phone so I can call you when I need a friend." I smile and give her my phone. She happily types away and gives it back to me. "I texted myself so that I have your number too." she says.

"Okay, I don't mind." I smile as we enter a cafe and enjoy the rest of the afternoon. 

I have a feeling that this girl is definitely the right one for me. We'll see. 

* * * *

Tumblr: in-a-lot-of-fandoms-tbh

IG: kirstenmeliton