18

Miley's POV

I forgotten what it felt like to be nervous. The past decade that feeling didn't make sense, there was no face to a name, but today it came back.

Thursday night, Nick and Miley airs at 7PM. This is going to be the episode I shot not a week ago, the one with Demi, the one with my party, the one with the no-named ex-boyfriend that caused drama. This is going to be the episode that hopefully Nick will never see.

Even though we both stopped watching after episode 3 or so; I called him that night to make sure.

"Nick, where are you?" I asked, shifting on the couch.

He hesitated "Uh, studio."

"Still? How many tracks do you have left to work on?"

"Uh, some...we're um...doing background vocals."

He should already be done with that, according to my calculations. This is the worst time for Nick to be sketchy. "Can you pick up some food for me?"

"Sure, what do you want?" I heard shuffling in the background, and a female voice...older. Denise?

"Is that your mom?"

"No...that's Phil,"

"Is that Miley?" I heard Denise clearer this time.

"Nick, where are you really?!" I snapped.

"Oh, hey mom." He said "Studio. I told you. M-mom just got here. What do you want to eat?"

I frowned. Well, as long as he's far away from a TV, I don't care. "Chinese, please. Just order my usual."

"Yes ma'am," He said sweetly "Anything else?"

I hugged myself. Am I really...lying to him? No. This isn't lying. It's not even important. "Yeah," I mumbled "C-come home soon,"

He chuckled "Eight sound good?"

I sighed in relief and smiled "Eight's perfect," Right when the show's over "See you soon."

"Okay. Love you."

"Bye, Love you."

I exhaled a long breath. It'll be fine. It'll be so fine, it's not even going to matter tomorrow. Yes. Everything's good. Everything's great.

It was half an hour before the episode starts, and despite the fact that everything's fine...I still sat there like a wreck and watched.

-----

The clock struck 7:45, and so far the episode showed no sign of the ex-boyfriend part happening. Maybe it was just a close call. Maybe they're saving it for next week. Today's just the bachelorette.

I sipped my ice tea, after forcing my butt here and sweating like a pig for almost an hour I started to feel sore, but damn our lives are really that interesting that they cut the commercial on the worst cliffhangers and show the longest ads ever. People really eat this stuff up, huh?

Deciding it was just a false alarm I got up to put my glass away and fix myself a sandwich. I can't wait for Nick and cravings are really starting to kick in. I had the TV on loud; so I could hear everything from the kitchen.

My sandwich was turning into more jam than bread; but my tooth ached for something sweet and me and Nick don't keep sweets in the house. I heard a club beat from the TV and assumed that the show's back on. I listened as I cut the crusts; I thought I heard the door but it was just the TV being really loud that I hear everything in the show.

'Miley's party is wild, it was like a Britney Spears Vegas show...but instead we have Miley and male strippers,' I had one of my friends Jesse do a VT, I giggled at her description.