Announcement To My Current Readers

First of all, let me say how gravely sorry I am for putting this out on Christmas--and oddly enough, the same month Nick and Miley got married. Let me assure you this has nothing to do with it, but if the news of them marrying other people upset you this might too.

When I was 14 I was obsessed with The Clique series by Lisi Harisson. I didn't have all the books but read enough to get hooked, I did however use to own a copy of the last book.

Lisi wrote that all good things come to an end, I cried from beginning to end of the book.

If you're reading this I wan't you to understand that that's true; but remember that the best things are revived after they're gone.

I have been writing Niley fanfictions for almost 6 years; and it has been the best times of my life. I grew with my writing, I learned, I laughed, I cried, I grieved, I loved, but mostly I became the storyteller I had set out to be.
I created scenes, I created humour, I created love just by putting words together. It also has been tough because in the first years of me writing on wattpad I have gone through hardships that had hurt or destroyed me one way or another, and with writing I coped. I could create beautiful (better) sceneries than my reality. I had a blissful escape. The more personal things I struggle to mention outside of wattpad was how I made writing fiction a platform where I could work through my mental illnesses. Writing fanfictions had helped me work through my depression, anxiety, and eating disorder (I had written two books about these issues) and I really couldn't have done it without my two main characters.

Most of you reading would probably think 'It's not that deep, Lucy' and well maybe not knowing exactly what I've been through gave that impression. I'm here to tell you that I really have owed my life to Niley.

So what now? Is this the end of me writing fanfictions? The Niley fandom had decreased gravely in the last years but it never bothered me. I write for those who will read. And I'll admit--not to get you excited but rather relieved--that I still have in store a sequel of my next Niley fanfic, so there will come a time where I will write the words Nick & Miley into a wattpad draft again. When? I'm not sure. That's the thing.

Finding your authentic self is hard when you live in someone's shadow, in my case I live(d) in a couple's shadow. I want to allow time for myself to create and find myself. I'm going to work on a project, a book with original characters and storyline. All of it mine.

This maybe sounds a little too dramatic considering the time stamps of 1/2 of Niley officially tying the knot (Edit: I wrote this draft during the time Nick got married, and by this time Miley had done it too)...but I assure it doesn't make my love (or faith) for them to die out. I have considered taking a break from writing fanfictions for a few months now, but reminded myself of my duty of finishing Reality first. Like I said, the best things will be revived, but right now I wan’t to pave my own path.

My lovely readers, I promise you'll be the first to find my Niley fanfics when the time comes, but until then you are all invited to share me your always unconditional love and support for my upcoming project.

Niley forever :)

xoxo
-Lucy