21. The Feeling You Can't Hold On

A/N: this dedication goes to frerard_forever for being the first to recognize the lyrics in the chapter "Past-Time Injuries" which were from Sound Effects And Overdramatics by The Used. Congrats ^-^. Also this may be my last update for s few days cause my phone needs to be replaced :O I haz bad phone skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkemHabtXbU&feature=youtube_gdata_player this link shall explain what hhappebed :P -Gerard

____________________________________________

Frank sat in Mikey's room. They had spent a day and a half locked up in there. Frank had never seen the most calm and collected guy freak out. Mikey was on edge. And on edge, was bad for Mikey.

"Ugh!" Mikey grunted throwing a few pieces of paper into the garbage can beside his desk angrily. Frank watched silently. He figured tthat Mikey would hurt more than Frank. Mikey was Gerard's brother. They were more closer, more known to eachother. "I can't stand this." Mikey grumbled. Frank got to his feet.

"Mikey calm down." Frank warned, he walked over to Mikey. He had a pencil tightly gripped into his hand. Frank sighed and sat down in.the extra chair, he knew Gerard and Mikey sometimes wrote chords for Mikey's bass together. Making up rhythms for imaginary songs that they had.

"Frank, he's gone." Mikey murmured, he pressed the palms of his hands to his eyes, his hands sliding the glasses off of his face and onto the desk a few feet below.

"Listen Mikey. He might come back." Frank said trying to sound reassuring, but really he knew he didn't. He knew how heartbroken he sounded.

"You don't know Gerard." Mikey said in an icy tone.

"I do too?" Frank replied confused.

"You havent lived with him for as long as I have. You havent known him like I have. He is super serious about this. When he wants to go, he goes. If he doesn't eant to come back? He doesn't." Mikey said sternly. His poker face had broken into a rage.

"He might come back...you never know." Frank insisted.

"Frank, he's not fooling around. He left, he wanted to." Mikey said. Frank sighed and nodded, he realized Mikey was right and Gerard wasn't really coming back.

"Where did he go?" Frank asked.

"New York probably." Mikey said with a shrug.

"Why New York?"

"He's always wanted to go there."

"What for?"

"Art."

"Really?"

"That's his big dream. To make Art."

"I had no idea."

"You've probably seen all his sketch books."

"I guess, when he packed them all."

"He's amazing."

"He gave me one."

"What?"

"A sketchbook, he gave me one."

"What one?"

"I have no idea.. I didn't look yet."

"How big is it?"

"Not that big. Small compared to all the others he had."

"Holy unicorn."

"What?"

"That's HIS SketchbooK. He's told me about iit..black cover ya?"

"Yes."

"He's never shown anyone it."