Chapter 11: "My good looks or My good looks"

I feel on top of the world. I feel alive again. Damn.. i've missed this feeling.

After Kyle left yesterday night, I thought about what he said. He was right. I shouldn't stop living my life. I've made my decision. I'm going to start a new life but this time there I'm not going to be Sad Kendall but instead, the Kendall I used to be-happy Kendall, smiling Kendall, crazy Kendall, fun Kendall.

I take a look at myself in the mirror once more. I'm putting on a yellow skinny, knee length gown which makes my curves obvious a bit with a Black sandal. My brunette hair perfectly packed in a ponytail way which fits my slightly done makeup. I look bright. I smile widely at myself in the mirror before exiting my room.

I make my way to kitchen and see my mum preparing breakfast. Whenever my mum has night shift work she usually comes back early the next day, even before I wake up. I hug my mum from behind which catches her off guard.

"Good morning mummy" I say enthusiastically, letting go off her.
She turns to face. She looks surprise to see me this way. She scans carefully.

"Am I dreaming or what" She says and
I giggle. "No mum, you're not dreaming" I say "This is true. Your Kendall is back".

Tears starts dripping from her eyes which makes me want to cry also but I won't.

"Awww mum" I say "Don't cry. You'll make cry me also"

She wipes the tears quickly from her face. "I'm sorry. I'm just.... I'm so happy. I've missed you" She engulfs me into a tight hug, when I say tight hug, I mean a bone crushing one.

"You're crushing my bones" I chuckle.
"Oh I'm sorry" She let's go off me and turns to continue preparing breakfast.

"Pancakes!!" I squeal when I see the food she is preparing

What? I love my pancakes.

My mum laughs slightly as she flips the pancakes in the air.

•••••••••••••••••••••••
"Hey Alex" I greet enthusiastically as Alex walks into the locker room.
"Heyyyy" Alex responds, not looking up from the screen of her phone.

"How did your date last night go?" I question.
"Terrible" She responds, still not taking her eyes off her phone screen.
"What do you mean by terrible?" I ask.

She looks up from the screen of her phone "Since when have you been interested about my---" She pauses when she acknowledges my appearance. Her eyes scan over me "You look...Different today".

I smile widely in response.
"Jesus!!. You just smiled!" Alex snaps surprisingly.

"Yeah..shouldn't I be smiling?" I snigger.
"Yes..i mean No" She walks towards me "it's just that I've never seen you smile...i've never seen you happy. You've such a beautiful smile"
"Thank you" I blush "So are you going to tell me how your date went terrible?"

"The guy I went on a date with was a broke ass Nigger" She starts "He couldn't even afford a proper and decent meal. I had to pay for all the things we ate. The worst part was when we kissed. Oh Kendall, I had the worst kiss of my life!. He was a terrible kisser. He literally spat in my mouth" She ends, gagging at the last statement.

"Sorry" I laugh slightly.
"I can still taste his saliva in my mouth" Alex grimace which makes burst out laughing.

Alex stares at me as I laugh. "Kendall you look so beautiful when you laugh" Alex says
"I don't know the reason for you sudden change but all I know is that this change is good. Whatever made your change is such a blessing"