Chapter 20: New life

Chapter dedication jadefatimoh. Thank you for making realize how amazing my book is.

Kendall's POV•
      6 months later.
Apparently, it's been three months since I moved to Australia with Brian. These past few months hasn't been easy, especially when you're trying to move on from the past and start a new life in an entirely different place.
Don't get me wrong, Australia is an amazing place but I just really miss Crownville and the amazing people in it.
     I haven't been in touch with anyone in Crownville except from my mum and Lizzy since I left. I talk to the both of them literally everyday through video calls and normal calls. Lizzy has been able to fill me up in everything that has been happening in her life.

She told me her boyfriend, Larry recently broke up with her because he was tired of her. I felt so bad for her when she told me. Lizzy didn't deserve that, she had always been so loving and loyal to Larry.

I'm sure Larry is going to regret breaking up with Lizzy. He's such a fool for leaving such an angel like her.

If only I could be there to support Lizzy. It was now she needed me the most. Lizzy is going through so much pain. She loved Larry with her whole heart and what did Larry do? He just trampled her heart over.

Isn't that the same thing you did to Kyle?

Mine and Kyle's case is different. We should have never fallen in love with each other at first.

But the fact is that you hurt Kyle. He's suffering because of you!

He's not the only one suffering. I'm also suffering. Each day feels like hell without him here. I'm not going to lie, I think about Kyle every single day of my life. I haven't heard from him since my last encounter with him at the airport. The memories of us still lives in my heart.

Once, I tried to call him on his birthday but I couldn't bring myself to talk to him so I hung up the phone before its even started ringing. I just want to forget him and the memories we shared together but it's just so hard to do so.

   The door room swings open revealing Brian and snapping me out of my deep thought.
  "Hey!" I greet Brian enthusiastically. "How was work today?"

He slams himself unto the bed. "Tiresome, as usually."

    I walk up to him and sit beside him on the bed. "What's wrong? You don't sound like you're in a good mood."

He hoist himself into a sitting position and says, "I'm just a little disappointed  today. I thought I was gonna be paid since its the end of the month but turns out I wouldn't be getting paid until next week."

Immediately, a wave of sadness washes upon me. I'm not sad because Brian didn't get paid his salary today, I'm just sad because Brian is going through so much. He's really struggling to meet ends meet.

   Brian is really hard working. There are so many things Brian shouldn't have to deal with. At such a young age, Brian has been made to face all these troubles. I really pity him, he's been the man of the house, taking care of me and Camilla and still doesn't ever complain about it.

  I give him a reassuring smile, "It's fine, Brian. I still have some money with me from my savings. We can work with that."

"No its not fine Kendall!" Brian spoke harshly. "For the past 3 months, I haven't taken you out for shopping or bought you anything. Just because you don't ask me for something doesn't mean I shouldn't give you things. It's my duty and I've failed in performing my duty as good boyfriend."