9. the love of my life

we were about to finish my brother's project when i noticed that donghyuck felt sleepy but then his index finger that has a glue and glitters landed on my nose as my eyes widened.

"ya!" i did the same at him ended up chasing each other.

until we both fall down by clumsiness and him on top of me while we were laughing insanely.

as the laughter faded and was changed into pants, staring at one other's eyes. i didn't put glitters on his eyes but why is it sparkling?

"pooff." he then touched the tip of my nose again before standing up.

"that was no fun." i said, still laying down on the floor.

"you are no fun." he chuckled and went back to his work.

i too stood and went back to work, it's almost done, just need the outer design to get done too.

"we look idiots." i laughed when i saw his face full of glitters.

"no, you look idiot." he said and laughed insanely after seeing my face.

"shut up." i rolled my eyes and he just mimicked me.

he yawned, a sign of drowsiness, as his eyes blinked sluggishly.

"you should sleep now, let me finish this." i told him.

"you sure?" he asked earning a nod from me and he just went straight to the bathroom to wash his face and proceeded to my room.

my eyes caught his phone on the end of the table, i took it and was about to run upstairs to give it to donghyuck but it flashed open, revealing a message from someone who's named 'mark hyung' on his contact.

i bit my lower lip and heaved a deep breath, my hand's shaking as i opened it.

mark hyung
12:23 PM

: donghyuck...

: where are you lately?

: i've been missing you

: you're not around when i badly needed you by my side

: you know i need a comfort

: especially from you, because you're the only one who knows how to make me smile when i'm having a hard time

: and yet you're being like this..

incoming call from mark hyung
accept | decline

: please answer me babe, please

: or, just tell me where you are

: i'm worried too

meet me by around seven or
eight tomorrow morning :

i typed in my address and closed my eyes as i waited for her to reply.

: babe, thank god

: okay i will

: I love you
read

the last replies, the last words, it made my heart shattered as i felt nervous, gulping, i deleted all the recent messages and wiped my tears who kept rolling down my cheeks.