Tragic Incident

My name is Megan Lee and this is my Tragic Story.

I am 21 years of age, with dark brown hair, light skin and petite in size.

I am an only child which gives the impression that I'm spoilt.

Although it may be true, I would say that I'm just fortunate to be in a loving home with such caring parents that are able to provide immensely.

I lived with both my mom and dad namely Jeffrey and Celine Lee and my pet cat Noodles.

We lived in a small town called The Meadow, which is filled with lovely flourished hills and sweet smelling gardens all around; hence the name.

My home was located on one of those hills near the beautiful gardens which made us seem like a rich family but in all honesty, we weren't as monetarily fortunate as the the other families.

I always loved both of my parents, but mostly my dad because of the time he spent with me which created such a tight bond between the two of us.

We would play games together when my mom would be busy cooking or help with school work when I needed his expertise in maths or help scare off the mean kids when I would run home from being traumatized of being bullied at school that day.

All in all, my dad was my hero when I was younger and that's why it was so hard to let the thought of my dad being gone forever be my reality.

I could still remember the day it all happened.

11 Years Ago

10 year old Megan is coming home from school with some exciting news.

She walked into the house having the excitement of a 2-year-old child because she finally passed math which was the subject that she struggled with at school.

(Comment if you yourself had/have that same struggle😩)

Being a daddy's girl and him being the one who helped her with this subject of torture, she was really looking forward to surprising him with the great news.

But as soon as she opened the door, she was startled by the loud cries and ear-piercing screams from the kitchen.

She instantly rushed into the kitchen and was even more startled by the scenery.

Shattered glass was everywhere and in the middle of this horrific scene was her mother screaming in agony.

As every person would after seeing your mother hurt, she rushed to her rescue without registering what would happen if she didn't walk carefully around the broken glass.

It was suddenly too late for her to rethink her decision because as soon as she started towards her mom she ended up stepping on the sharp object.

She screamed out, matching her mother's agony for a second which got her mother's attention.

Only now realising her daughter's presence, she carefully and eagerly went to her daughters aid.

Before she could say a word, her mother placed her on the counter and carefully took out the sharp object from her daughter's foot as the poor 10 year old moaned in pain.

Eventually her mother was done tending to her care and Megan took the opportunity to start questioning her mom about what she saw.

At first she hesitated to answer but her daughter's eyes pleased even more and she finally gave in saying,"Megie, daddy isn't coming home tonight..."

At first I thought he was just out later than usual at his workplace for some reason but when she continued,"...I'm so sorry baby", that's when I figured that what I thought was wrong. I literally had no idea what it really meant other than I'd not be able to tell my dad my exciting news after all.

My mom figured that her daughter didn't catch on based on her response,"Aw really?! Guess I'll just wait to tell him the great news tomorrow when I see him".

*Now looking back at this thought I believe my mom thought at that point was, if he comes back.
As young as I was, I didn't even question about the scene as much as I would've done now if it happened while at this age, I just forgot about it and didn't bring it up in any shape or form.

The night went on as normal as any other night, well excluding the absence of her father, which wasn't that abnormal for Megan as her father would sometimes have to stay away from home for his job.

*Something should've clicked in my head back then because my mom never cries when my father is away over night for work or if she did, I know for sure she was never accompanied with broken glass but I guess when you're this young, a lot of stuff pass over your head.
The next day's event however, were as clear as glass and for sure didn't pass over my head that time.

The next morning, little miss Megan woke up to the sound of her alarm and started her day off as she usually does.

Everything happened in the normal pattern except for one major thing.

She heard a knock at the front door and as she walked to get to the door, her mom beat her to it and boy was she glad her mom saved her from this small percent of tragedy.

The look on this man's face and the silence her mother gave with that sorrow in her eyes, Megan definitely knew that it was about her dad and something terrible happened.

Felt like forever standing there hearing the words "I'm sorry mam but he's still missing. Accept my sympathy."

It took so much from Megan to not faint right then and there.

Miraculously she made it to her room and just let everything out.

She later felt a fury creature rubbing on her, and she just grabbed Noodles for more comfort.

*To be honest, I felt noodles try wiggling out of my grasp but I held him tighter and i blamed on Noodles beeing to curious. So that was his fault he got stuck in this entanglement.
I feel bad for him now that I think about it but still blame him.

It took me so long to get over this whole situation of me loosing my dad that I stayed away from school for a few months.

Going back to school, Megan thought that her life would somewhat go back to normal but it really didn't.

* I could still remember the questioning looks from teachers and the many unanswered questions from my friends. My whole attitude was different and persons who knew me were the only ones who caught on.

Life never went back to normal for me but I knew that one day I will somehow be able to find out what truly happened to my dad and maybe then I'd finally cope with this tragedy.

Or maybe not!