Sinking Sand!

After a while of trying to move a bit, I started to feel like I was going down something because parts of my lower body were feeling warmer than before. The warmer a part of my body felt the more I knew I was going down something. 

Since I couldn't see anything I didn't know what was happening so I closed my eyes for a little, trying to calm myself down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I opened m eyes again I saw that the sun was starting to come up which indicated that I took longer than just a nap but soon I'll be able to see properly.

Eventually, the sun came up and watched in horror a lake of sand. 

I immediately was afraid since I though I was going to die and felt really lonely and started shouting more to see if anyone could hear me this time and thankfully I heard Kim's voice faintly replying back.

'Megan, Jimmy where are you all I'm stuck!' she shouted.

'I'm stuck too...looks like sinking sand' another voice shouted recognizing that it was Jimmy.

'Sinking sand!!' Kim shouted terrified.

I was really confused at this point since no one heard the first time but decided to discuss it later since at the moment we were in a bit of trouble.

What is sinking sand?' I thought to myself feeling so dumb after.

It seemed shocking at first but then started putting the pieces together which confused me.

Apparently, me staying in one place for so long caused my shoes to slowly sink into the surface which made it difficult to walk since the shoe's soul was already under the surface by the time I started trying to walk.

Since the upper part of my body was the only thing out of the sand, I tried to record that there was sinking sand in the jungle but the device wasn't working anymore which was very strange.

I tried to talk into the earpiece but it wasn't working either. 

'Are you'll devices working by any chance?' I shouted. 'No!' they said together.

'Well, we're doomed!'

Our devices don't work to call out for the other group which means they can't save us and that we have to try to get out on our own.

Since I wasn't really knowledgeable about what sinking sand was, I tried wiggling out as much as I could but kept going lower.

Not realizing what was happening because of how far my mind was, I eventually started going down even faster.

I screamed out for help shouting 'I'm sinking!'.

'Quicksand forms in saturated looses and when the sand is suddenly agitated. When the water in the sand cannot escape, it creates a liquefied soil that loses strength and cannot support weight which also means that moving around will be the worst idea' Kim shouted out.

Great timing Kim!, I said to myself sarcastically.

'Well, Kim you should have said that a little earlier because now I'm going down even faster!' I yelled out.

I now felt the sand all to my neck and started screaming even louder and then realizing how much of a bad idea that was after sand started going in my mouth.

I repeatedly spat out the sand while still sinking into it trying my hardest to stay on top the surface. 

I screamed even louder, 'I'm going down!!!'

I shut my eyes tightly and held my breathe but didn't know for how long.

Seconds later 'to my knowledge', I felt my whole body suddenly warm from head to toe which meant that I was fully under.

I started feeling light-headed from me not receiving oxygen and slowly faded. My last thought was 'I'm sorry Dad, I failed you!'

And that was the last thing I remembered thinking about before I knocked out completely, not knowing if anyone will find me and save me.