First Day at Work

The next morning I woke up at five thirty.

I checked my phone for any new messages and saw 10 new ones from the group chat with everyone responding to my message.

I replied with Good Morning, hope you all slept great. Can't wait for work today. See you'll there.

Turning off my phone I went into the bathroom did my normal morning routine and went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

This time I made waffles which were so delicious, fed my cat and got dressed.

I wore a white long sleeved shirt tucked into my black skinny jeans, with a black handbag, black heels and combed my hair into an upper bun.

 Since putting make up is not in my routine it makes my everyday preparing faster.

I locked up my apartment, walked to the parking lot towards my car, got in and started the engine.

I checked my phone to see that it was already six thirty and saw some new messages from the group replying to my previous message.

Without opening the messages I drove out of the parking lot and onto the high way.

I reached ten minutes before seven and got into the building.

Inside, there stood Greg and my five other researcher friends at the door. 

I walked up to Greg since he gestured for me to come to him and he gave me my staff ID card with the office key and got our assignment in a sealed folder.

We got into the office and sat at our assigned seats. 

Before I got to open the folder, Sam the scientist/researcher walked to the front and introduced himself as the unit leader.

"Our assignment today is to search up on the researchers who disappeared 11 years ago," Sam said and I froze.

 Why did our first assignment have to do with my father's disappearance?'. 

Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled that I'm very close to finally receiving answers but I didn't think that I would have done that as soon as I got the job.

With that thought, I excused myself and went straight to Greg's office.

I knocked once and went in like the secretary did last time,  going straight towards his desk. He looked up at me as I entered with a questioning look.

Megan:  Sir why is it that my first assignment here is to research on the 11-year-old incident?

Greg: Good day to you too Miss and I gave this assignment to you because I knew exactly why you wanted this job.

This statement made me so confused on how he figured out my little secret but then it clicked, he was the one who told my mother about my father's disappearance so maybe he did recognize me from that day. 

Not letting my facial expressions give away my thoughts I continued asking questions.

Megan: But how could you have known?

Greg: Well my dear I did work with your dad when he worked here. I did recognize you from the day I told your mom about your father's passing and seeing you interviewing for the same job your dad once had, it made sense that you wanted to find your dad or at least get answers.

Megan: But why didn't you just let me know that you recognized me from the start?

Greg: I didn't recognize you right away but after some thought, I figured it out.

Megan:  Okay....But are the other researchers really on board with this?

Greg: Yes the others are because the majority of them did want to find out what happened as well.

That's great, now I have new friends and we all have exact interests.

Megan: Well thank you, sir, I really appreciate this!

Greg: No problem, Now get back to your station. Good luck!

And with that, I left the office and went back to the unit's office.

I walked to my seat and opened up my folder. "Hey there, do you need help?" Jimmy whispered to me.

"No thank you I'm good, thanks for asking" I replied with a smile. I then opened the folder and read over.

ASSIGNMENT #1

Mystery of islands

Objectives:

*Test out the island to find any of the not so normal activities.

*Find out what exactly happened to the researchers.

*Bring back any survivors!

Hmm... This assignment is not that complicated as I thought. 

I then researched online and studied the news surrounding the incident.

I even went through files documented on other researchers who previously investigated the island but found nothing. 

It didn't make me feel discourages but although they found nothing doesn't mean that it will be the same for us and it never hurts to try.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the whole work day used for studying other sources on the incident, it was finally time to go home. 

We all got an email from Greg informing us of the date assigned to research on the island by visiting it in person.

At that moment I felt all types of emotions at once since the date was so soon. The strongest emotion of them all was HOPE.

I have a strong feeling that my dad is still alive and I have the chance to rescue him and nothing or anyone will get in the way of that promise!

I'm coming for you dad, please hold on a little longer.