The Interview

Now that I am 21 years old I can finally do what my 10-year-old self couldn't do on her own without being looked upon or belittled.

For the past 11 years, all I could think about was what I promised myself I would do.

I'm finally going to start investigating the incident around my dad and get answers from anyone and everyone.

I will get my answers no matter what! And this was my motivation every morning.

I now live in a small apartment in the city of Pittsburg with my pet cat Noodles.

It wasn't as luxurious as you may think but it was good enough for Noodles and I

I moved out of my parent's house, well my mother's house, since it was so crowded with family members and some of her close friends with me not having any form of privacy.

I still visit and keep in touch with my mother but we don't see each other as often as I would like but she is being taken care of and that's what keeps me at ease.

The mystery of my father's disappearance was all over town and was now everyone's business.

It got a little annoying at times since everywhere I would go someone would bring it up and ask about my mom and I's well being.

Although it doesn't sound that bad but trust me it was really bad, frustrating even.

Having to go through the rest of the school year with not knowing if your dad was alive or not would have me so depressed and down sometimes but thankfully I successfully got through the school year.

I also managed to major in subjects that I would need to be a researcher to be even closer to finding out what happened to my dad since it was once his occupation.

I was determined to get my dad and did everything possible to get where I am today and now it's paying off because I am at the agency where my dad worked at getting the job that I longed for.

It wasn't a secret who my dad was at the agency so everyone looked at me weirdly when I first stepped into the building and went straight to the secretary's office without any thoughts of making friends.

Megan "Good Morning, I'm Megan Lee here for an appointment".

Secretary "Hello, Yes right this way dear."

She gestured for me to follow and so I did.

We came to a stop in front of a door with a sign engraved with The President. She then knocked once and we entered. There seating behind his desk a man that I could vividly recognize.

He was the same man who came to my house 11 years ago to break the news to my mom and now he is the president of this agency.

I felt both scared and thrilled, scared because I didn't really know what he's like and thought that he would reject my offer immediately and thrilled because he knows my dad and might want to help me out.

I sat at the opposite side of him at his desk and said,

Megan "Hello, My name is Megan Lee and I'm looking into working for this agency."

President "Good day, My name is Greg John and what exactly are you applying for " he replied sternly.

Megan "I am very much interested in the position of a researcher".

Greg John " Well we do have room for more researchers but may I ask why you interested in this position?"

Megan "I have always been interested in being able to explore new islands and it is very important to me".

I technically didn't lie, I just said half the truth.

But he doesn't need to know exactly what I want to do as a researcher and as he didn't recognize me I mentally decided to leave out my secret maybe until I know for sure I got the job.

Greg John "On that note, I would like to see your resumé and will call you after the process is complete. Have a nice day Miss Megan."

Megan "Thank you, Sir, and have a nice day as well."

After giving him the resumé I left the building, got into my Suzuki Swift and returned home with a smile on my face, waiting patiently for that call.

Days of anxiety eating me alive went by and alas the phone rang with the caller I was desperately waiting for.